Brooklyn, NY

what is this i dont even

Last edited by Zen Albatross (Jun 20, 2011 7:48 pm)

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

What just happened? The "One-Man-Band" just went electronic yikes

Brooklyn, NY

If this actually replaces DJs I will kill myself. Or maybe just laugh a whole lot.

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

It would sure make nightclubs a more interesting place doe

Boulder, CO

How is this weirder than a dude standing on stage with a gameboy? At least he's pressing more than one button.

Matthew Joseph Payne

Well good. I was just thinking how badly Music Culture needed Atomization.

I'm getting really tired of the controller culture of electronic music. Everyone seems to think if they come up with a niftier device to make the same music, that they'll reinvent culture somehow.

Philly, PA, USA

yeah what we really need is more formfactors for midi controllers. totally revolutionize everything.

Boulder, CO

What we really need is more things that make squarewaves... no wait what we REALLY need is gameboys with different paintjobs!

Milwaukee, WI

I actually think it's pretty cool.  While you can do the same thing in another form factor, it's all part of performance, and I like to jazz around.  CDM did a write up about it a while ago.  It seems pretty effective too, great tune he gets going, and the transfer of the kinesthetic to the musical aspect is awesome.

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2011/02/o … your-help/

Godzilladelph

damn shame people are only impressed by the next trendy iphone app, and not actual musical skill; feels like the robots have already won.

also, "beatjazzing"?

You make Mr. Mingus sad

San Francisco

Its cool for those that know nothing about music and how it is done. It looks more exciting (silly) then turning knobs and pressing buttons while performing for them. The thing that I really cant tolerate in this is the shameful use of sunglasses in the dark and fearless use of leather pants. WHY THE HELL WOULD U DO THAT? those glasses are so 90's douche. wearing a cow on your legs hasn't been cool since.... evar. If this is the future it sure looks stupid. for real tho... this is made to the impress those that dont know.

BK

Godzilladelph
Kris k wrote:

o_O
yes!

Finland

I saw this guy totally randomly as a street player in Berlin last october. He had that iPhone thingy, tons of other gear and if I remember correctly, midi saxophone. He makes awesome music. And he's been trying to collect money from investors to prototype some stuff more sophisticated than the ones on the video. Crazy dude, I appreciate a lot. Some of the sounds/instruments are really cheesy but there's talent.

http://onyxashanti.bandcamp.com/album/r … 10-edition

Finland
AdamGetsAwesome wrote:

What we really need is more things that make squarewaves... no wait what we REALLY need is gameboys with different paintjobs!

Hahahah

vancouver, canada

i dig this actually.  but it also looks as if it's from a deleted scene from The Fifth Element that would have featured crazy futuristic bar musicians.