Russia, Moscow

The volume balance problem does not seem to have a proper solution - the current balance was measured on the real HW (not by me, though), and it does not match to emulators indeed. I can change range of FM/PSG slider, though.

Ability to highlight separate columns would require to rewrite major part of the UI, so it is not among current plans, although it is considered in far plans.

3 - There is solo mode (the S buttons in the channel headers).

4 - Is Numpad 1-8 not enough?

Last edited by Shiru (Mar 7, 2012 3:33 am)

Seattle, WA

Thanks for the quick reply Shiru.  Increasing the range of the FM/PSG slider would be amazing.

If I'm the only one who wants the octave binds, then don't worry about it.  Numpad 1-8 is OK.  I just find it annoying, as I am not usually thinking "which octave am I in right now", and also I would like to use the numpad to input values.

Also, I know about the solo mode, but it is a hassle for me to have to keep toggling it on and off when I am editing and then playing back the song.  Again, if I am the only one who wants this, then nevermind.

If anybody is interested:  My song is here: http://battleofthebits.org/arena/Entry/ … Wind/7027/
and the source is here: http://tadpolemusic.us/Tadpole_-_Sails_To_The_Wind.vge

Last edited by tadpole (Mar 7, 2012 4:16 am)

Russia, Moscow

So basically you need something like 'Play all regardless of solo mode' button/hotkey?

orange county, CA

so good.

Seattle, WA

I'm not sure if we're on the same page here: 
As I'm inputting notes, it plays the stuff that the other channels are playing.  I find it extremely distracting.  I only want to hear the stuff I am currently inputting, not the other channels.

If there were a button, it should be called something like "Play Row while editing:  ON/OFF"
Again, I don't want to take up any of your time if it's just me being picky.  Thanks so much Shiru.

Russia, Moscow

In the Solo mode you only hear current channel, where the cursor is located. However, you say that it is not comfortable for you because when you need to play song, you have to toggle it all the time. So I'm asking, maybe a button that will allow to play song with all channels on regardless of the Solo mode (which will be turned on all the time in your case) will be enough?

Seattle, WA

Ah, I understand now.  But I don't know if I like the idea you propose.

The solo button is still very useful to me during playback of the song.  The button would interfere with that.  Basically I would have to toggle the new button on whenever I am playing back and want to use the solo feature, and then toggle it again when I begin editing again.  So it wouldn't save me any time. 

I am only concerned about the sound while EDITING the song.

And also, it might confuse other users.  People would wonder "why would anybody ever want to use that button?"

I will just use the solo button when tracking from now on, then unsolo when I want to play the song.  Not too big of a deal.

Last edited by tadpole (Mar 7, 2012 1:53 pm)

Russia, Moscow

What I'm proposing is like F5/F6/F8 to play as usual or Shift+F5/F6/F8 to play it ignoring solo mode, not a toggle.

Last edited by Shiru (Mar 7, 2012 2:42 pm)

Seattle, WA

Oh, yeah, that would be great!

Tokyo, Japan

I have a couple of quick feature requests!

- is it possible to have a "reset all operator settings" in the instrument screen?

- When I am making sounds, i often drop the TL to 0 so I can hear what individual operators are doing. would it be possible to have a "mute operator" button like the old 4op yamaha synths had? this would be great as it would be a little faster and i wouldnt need to reset my TL each time.

Thanks!

Russia, Moscow

There are buttons to reset settings of a single operator (under operator's number) and all four operators of an instrument ('New' icon to the left from the instrument list).

I think the operator mute feature is doable.

Tokyo, Japan

I didnt think of just using new. That is totally simple. I have a quick question, sorry if you answered this before. For TL and SL why is the loudest volume 0 and the quietest volume 127? it seems backwards to me!

Russia, Moscow

That's how the chip works. SN76489 also has 'backwards' volume, i.e. it is an attenuator instead of a volume. I didn't reversed it because you may need to enter previously designed instrument parameters by hand, and you would have to reverse these values in this case. The knobs itself for these parameters are reversed though, to show up that the output is low at the leftmost position and high at the rightmost.

Shiru, you might want to ignore what I said earlier about the note-clipping issues on note delays - I think it's just me failing at setting up instruments right.

Can I request another semi-improbable feature? I know it would be cheating, but is it possible to make it so there is more than 6 FM channels and more than 3/4 PSG channels ( or even multiple sample channels)? That would be insanely awesome.

Thanks again.

Chicago IL
wazkatango wrote:

Can I request another semi-improbable feature? I know it would be cheating, but is it possible to make it so there is more than 6 FM channels and more than 3/4 PSG channels ( or even multiple sample channels)? That would be insanely awesome.

Thanks again.

that kind of defeats the purpose of having a VGM format tracker. You might as well just use VSTis if that's what you're going for.

Saskrotch wrote:

that kind of defeats the purpose of having a VGM format tracker. You might as well just use VSTis if that's what you're going for.

I guess? I was under the impression that there wasn't a good VSTi for the 2612, I'm only familiar with the 2151. Whatever, just asking.