Chicago IL
Natty wrote:

Still a bit annoyed that the site is called noisechannel although our own Noise Channel DJ/ promotion group has been a recognized presence on the New York chip music scene for several years. We've been DJing chip shows and putting on the official Blip Festival afterparty since 2007.

man, i've played the official blip festival after party, and i've never heard of noise channel. i thought it was just 'the blip after party'.

London, Ontario

boo-frickety hoo

buffalo, NY

Chipmusic.org should really change their name.  I've been making chipmusic for almost a year now and I wouldn't want any of my fans to get confused.

vancouver, canada

not sure if my music qualifies as "chipmusic" OR "8bit" so i'm kind of screwed either way.

i think that given the perceived turf war between cm.org and 8bc, it would be nice to have another site that represents a "neutral zone" where people can share music but without all that previous baggage.   i don't think noisechannel.org is going to be it though.  the execution needs to be better.

Los Angeles

There are elitist people all over the internet, it has nothing to do with the moderators here nor the site itself. I take that kind of attitude in jest- it never bothers me because I don't take people's attitudes seriously online.

Having said that, It's good there is another community / option for people. Though I have to admit, I don't think any of these sites have much of a real future with the social networking bubbles kicking in full steam. We'll see how that goes.

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

Jeez guys, it's like none of you have even listened to "Frens".

Moncton, Canada

I love you all

Seattle, WA US

also can't log in.. and I was even gonna give it a chance hmm

This discussion is entirely stupid, boring, and pointless.

hope this helps

FlashHeart
Saskrotch wrote:

man, i've played the official blip festival after party, and i've never heard of noise channel. i thought it was just 'the blip after party'.

You were too busy rocking the party to notice.

an0va wrote:

This discussion is entirely stupid, boring, and pointless.

Agreed.

Milwaukee, WI
bryface wrote:

i think that given the perceived turf war between cm.org and 8bc, it would be nice to have another site that represents a "neutral zone" where people can share music but without all that previous baggage.

oh hai: http://trebledeathsystem.com/media

Say what you will, but mono has been doing this exact thing for years now. For those in the dark: TDS is something of an unofficial/official RG sister site, considering it stemmed from the now stone-age dispyz message boards. While mono might be a little paranoid (who isn't) the site is still pretty open-minded.

Last edited by RG (Jul 8, 2011 4:37 am)

Abandoned on Fire

I dig tds, to bad it tends to be a ghost town.  sad

FlashHeart
danimal cannon wrote:

Chipmusic.org should really change their name.  I've been making chipmusic for almost a year now and I wouldn't want any of my fans to get confused.

This perfectly-constructed analogy has really smashed my original point to pieces. I guess we'll just have to change our group's name to something like 8 Bit Collective or True Chip Til Death.

It doesn't really matter. At this point I don't feel like throwing parties, DJing at shows, or even attending most events. People can call themselves whatever they like. I mean, look at all the people out there named "Dave." http://www.hulu.com/watch/173712/kids-i … ves-i-know

If you need me I'll be in the Neutral Zone.

Milwaukee, WI
egr wrote:

I dig tds, to bad it tends to be a ghost town.  sad

Agreed!

IL, US

im so gald natty linked the "these are the daves i know"
heart kids in the hall
for the record, i was aware of natty, suzan and ian (right?) working together as noisechannel going back at least to 2008

Geneva, NY
AndrewKilpatrick wrote:

Jeez guys, it's like none of you have even listened to "Frens".