Rhode Island

I would say the CC threads are more overrun by people just wanting their listens/comments being bumped for the mainpage.

Brazil
2PLAYER wrote:

I would say the CC threads are more overrun by people just wanting their listens/comments being bumped for the mainpage.

Yeah, guess I forgot about that. Anyway, noisechannel seems a nice place, I just wouldn't make there my home.

AANABAY01

i don't know if CC threads are better or worse than having no threads about music whatsoever

Unsubscribe

CC threads are about music like grade school is about scholarship.

matt's mind

they make music objective

FlashHeart

Still a bit annoyed that the site is called noisechannel although our own Noise Channel DJ/ promotion group has been a recognized presence on the New York chip music scene for several years. We've been DJing chip shows and putting on the official Blip Festival afterparty since 2007. We've had both weekly and monthly DJ residencies in the past at bars, lounges, and clubs, and we've organized many chip music concerts at various venues, to say nothing of house parties, loft parties and basement gigs. Can't wait for all the newcomers to Blip Festival to think that you guys are organizing the parties (Considering that every year the following sentence  appears: "Noise Channel presents the Blip Festival After Party.") I guess this is all our fault for not buying a domain name.

Sorry, I seem to have bought some very sour grapes at the greengrocer.

Not that anything in the chip music scene really matters or is interesting any more.

FlashHeart

Oh! You guys have an Anime & Manga group on the site. Never mind my previous negativity. I'm sorry I ever doubted your site's chip music credentials.

Bristol, UK

As long as noisechannel.org is consistently referred to with the .org on the end there shouldn't be any confusion.

Last edited by Evil Scientist (Jul 7, 2011 9:15 pm)

FlashHeart

Yeah, I guess I'm just a cynical curmudgeon these days.

East Kilbride, Scotland

Edit: Fuck this, I don't want to get involved.

Last edited by Sycamore Drive (Jul 7, 2011 11:13 pm)

Bristol, UK

Yeah, to be honest I said something else then decided not to say it so didn't put much thought into that. It would make sense for them to change it as the site has only been live for like a week and if they want their site to be popular they'd do well not to cause any controversy.

I think there is room for another chipsite as long as it has a clear concept of how it is to differ from the sites that already exist.

Connecticut USA

I think the online chipTUNE community got rather boring once everyone divided off into 2 communities. Everyone's still super fun and awesome in real life. But this is getting ridiculous. There's a lot of forced elitism going on right now. I meen... this new site Noisechannel.org? Mb they are just trying to revive some of the fun they feel might have been lost... over the past 2 years. Idk man... d00d I don't even know. : ]

Rhode Island

Could you change your name, I don't want to start confusing you with the noise channel on my NES

Moncton, Canada

Last edited by Kommisar (Jul 7, 2011 10:46 pm)

FlashHeart

To be honest, I don't really care what they call themselves. I'm bored already.

Brazil

This is how I see this thread now: