Brisbane, Australia

Your front page crashes my browser if I try to play anything, I'm not sure if it's having way too many applets on one page or something to do with preloading so much data at once but it means I can't listen to any of the music on there. I don't have the same problem if I click on the links to the music pages. Is it absolutely necessary to have so many applets pulling data simultaneously on the front page? I like the idea of having recent tracks listed on the front page as well as having a way to play them without doing too much clicking around but I don't have the patience or bandwidth to wait for 40 tracks to load. Surely there's a much more elegant and less resource intensive solution you could consider instead?

Abandoned on Fire

Can somebody post this to noisechannel for me?  I'm having the "can't log in" bug...

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/4609/ … ry-043011/

New York

love noichan.org. fav chip site by far

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK
egr wrote:

Can somebody post this to noisechannel for me?  I'm having the "can't log in" bug...

Yeah I just realised you already got it, nvm tongue

Last edited by AndrewKilpatrick (Jul 4, 2011 11:21 pm)

Abandoned on Fire
AndrewKilpatrick wrote:
egr wrote:

Yeah I just realised you already got it, nvm tongue

Oh yeah, forgot to say I figured it out... my email was automatically put in for the user name.  Duh.

oh no we're snobby!

New York City

I love it. The chipmusic community is of like, what, 10 rats and their friends? We're very few, nevertheless drama, shit-talking, flaming and other "fun"  internet activities occur among those who form the community. Not to say that talking shit about others in other forums is cowardly. About people they haven't even met in person and don't know anything about.

Evidently lots of people around here don't understand camaraderie and respect for your peers, specially those who, at least, have been into this for much longer than them. This is evident in the need for people to spread out in a ridiculous amount of websites that make no sense.

Keep it up!

Brazil

It is unfair saying anyplace is snobby because of one or two threads.

The thing nobody understands is that people who built chipmusic.org got off of 8bc because of pretty obscure actions of people inside of 8bc.

But what I think is that people around the globe need to be more light-hearted and take shit less serious.
And this is not directed to anyone, this is my personal point of view of everything.

Madison, Alabama

Not all of you, but there's definitely a lot of negativity on this site.

[edit: I do want to note that I like this site and there are a lot of nice people here, but some threads really... go downhill.]

Last edited by roboctopus (Jul 6, 2011 5:29 pm)

Philly, PA, USA

The same is true of any site, pointing it out anywhere on the internet is silly.

I don't think there is anything wrong with that thread. A few people here tend to be a bit holier-than-thou about this stuff. That doesn't mean everyone here is like that, there just seems to be a bit of a harsher community here, and that's what it was referencing (in a playful manner).

And I don't think anyone has anything against this site whatsoever. I don't. It's simply an observation.

Unsubscribe

Snobby? I dont even OWN a cocktail fork.

Moncton, Canada

people strive for drama; it's entertaining. people have an inner instinct that acts on drama and is uncontrollable...

São Paulo, Brazil

this is the third world meaning of being a snob:

Brazil
PULSELOOPER wrote:

this is the third world meaning of being a snob:

The real Snob.

São Paulo, Brazil

that's how Kurt snobbish wipes his ass.