Hey guys.

So i currently have my gameboy hooked up with an arduinoboy, and i had it working with a midi controller (my keyboard). It all works, notes + pitch bend and everything. So ive decided to make my own MIDI controller out of a guitar hero guitar. Im using the whammy bar for the pitch bend. But no matter what i do, i cant get the pitch bend to work on the gameboy. It works from keyboard > gameboy, and from arduino > keyboard, but not from arduino > gameboy

So far, im just sending the pitch bend signal with the LSB and MSB. Would there be anything else needed to get pitch bend to work, like an update status signal or any timing issues? or is there anything anyone can think of? im kinda stumpt...

Los Angeles

midi pitchbend is 14bit as oppose to 7bit.
(if you didnt know)
http://www.gweep.net/~prefect/eng/refer … c.html#Whl

and I did nothing special with pb if I recall correctly.

Hey, thanks for the reply

Yea, i have it set up to send 14 bits. I borrowed code from the MIDI library to make sure i was doing it right.
Right now, i have some code to map the analog read of 1024 to 8192 (i only want to pitch down).
Then i run a function to send the pitch bend on channel 1 [0xE0], then LSB, then MSB.

Like i said, it works from the arduino to a MIDI synthesizer, but not from the arduino to the gameboy. The only way i can get it to work is if i turn the note off then back on (but it sounds god awful)