Chicago IL

okay so i really want to do some work linking up two DMGs, but the problem is that all ive gotten (mostly as add-ons to gameboy auctions) are those connectors that have a color/pocket sized conector on one end, and one DMG and one color/pocket connector on the other.

can i do some soldering to make one DMG to DMG cable?

Saskrotch wrote:

okay so i really want to do some work linking up two DMGs, but the problem is that all ive gotten (mostly as add-ons to gameboy auctions) are those connectors that have a color/pocket sized conector on one end, and one DMG and one color/pocket connector on the other.

can i do some soldering to make one DMG to DMG cable?

yep, but you could get an adapter to change it to a DMG to DMG cable, or buy a DMG to DMG cable to make it reliable.

or you could buy some more DMG cables and make a 5 way LSDJ sync cable!

Yes. Just make sure it's all wired up correctly. I similarly made an LSDJ keyboard adapter by cutting the cable off a DMG-07 and wiring it to a PS2 socket.

Chicago IL
NeX wrote:

yep, but you could get an adapter to change it to a DMG to DMG cable, or buy a DMG to DMG cable to make it reliable.

or you could buy some more DMG cables and make a 5 way LSDJ sync cable!

yeah i just figure i should use what i have if i can instead of adding to a pile of gameboy crap i'll never use.