Philadelphia, PA

Woohooo!! Awesome chip/VG show at a Japanese relief fundraiser and cultural celebration. It's fun AND it's for a good cause?? How often does THAT HAPPEN??

From www.phillyjam.org...
"The Philadelphia Japan Arts Matsuri (PJAM) is a four-day festival/fundraiser to benefit the Japanese Red Cross.  The festival will feature Japanese film, music, and art and will extend to include local performers and artists... A celebration of popular culture the likes of which Philadelphia has never seen!  The lobby of the Prince Music Theater will be transformed into a convention-like environment featuring vendors, music, and JAPANESE ARCADE GAMES including popular samurai sword swinging TSURUGI! The games will be set on free play, but attendees will still have the option to insert quarters for the sake of charity.  And that’s just the entranceway…"

Prince Music Theater - 1412 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia

Chip show starts Friday, July 8 at 9 pm featuring music by:

Data Parade (somewhere in NJ) -- tenori-on set!!
DJ Cutman (Rochester)
Ro-Bear (PHL)
Chipocrite (PHL)

Live visuals provided by Chromacle (PHL)

Visit the site mentioned above for more info. It's gonna be COOOOLLLLLL!!! And it might make you feel good about yourself.

(And yes, I am playing 8static the next night, but I solemnly and wholeheartedly swear to play two entirely different sets, although the events are so different and have such unique lineups that they will be totally worth checking out even if one of my sets consisted entirely of me covering Boston songs on homemade bagpipes or something)

Philadelphia, PA

Nice.  What's the entrance fee? (the phillyjam site isn't loading for me)

Philadelphia, PA

You know, I wasn't totally sure. I thought it was a fundraiser so maybe like some kind of donation but it looks like $15 on this site: http://www.princemusictheater.org/

Philly, PA, USA

Shit's gonna be pretty sick. I might even have new material for you :3

Neo Jersey
chipocrite wrote:

worth checking out even if one of my sets consisted entirely of me covering Boston songs on homemade bagpipes or something)

omg that would be aweosme

Philadelphia, PA
HPizzle wrote:
chipocrite wrote:

worth checking out even if one of my sets consisted entirely of me covering Boston songs on homemade bagpipes or something)

omg that would be aweosme

*preps for his next Halloween set*