Brazil

MAGIC SPELLS

England

I wouldnt really call anything released in the 1990s early electronic music.

anyway, Raymond Scott is incroyable:

England

roger roger

England

jean jaques perry

England

pierre henry

Last edited by Jellica (Jul 1, 2011 12:02 pm)

TSSBAY01

you want a better rebuttal celsius. really? ok dude. but i dont think you or anybody really wants to read all this.

you're a mod, right? i guess you dont think you're overstepping your boundaries here as a moderator of the site, but you are with your comments directed to me. this is not how a moderator should act. rule #2 innit? intimidation? you're obviously barking up the wrong tree with me because you must think you can talk to me how you talk to everybody else and im just gonna take it. and obviously you, the moderator, want more when i was ready to let it be. you shouldnt be this way towards anybody if you are a mod here, but i see you do this kind of sanctimonious jerky guy routine all the time here as well as on the irc, as well as 8bc. its real tired by this point. i actually ignored you on irc a few weeks ago because i tired of it here on both of these forums months ago, and yeah, i really dont need it on my irc too.

but yeah. rules are rules, and sometimes rules get broken. if its an accident, then its an accident. surely i did not say 'oh, this is against the rules, let me go ahead and post it anyway'. so i guess if a record is out of print for 20-30 years then you cant post it here NO MATTER WHAT, only have discussion about it. to me that just seems like someone talking about how the color orange looks when you're blind. if this is the case with oop stuff then you guys should specifically put this in the rules, because as far as the rest of the internet is concerned, sharing oop material is not called piracy or not allowed, thats called 'making sure people dont forget about this awesome shit that you cant buy anymore'. if something is out of print, i find it a little bit hard to 'pirate' it, because its already been sold and the profit has already been maximized from it to the point that its no longer being produced. people dont need or care to actively police that kind of thing because it does nothing except allows for the media to simply be forgotten. this is the exact opposite of what i stand for.

a very good example of this, i looked for cybotron (the australian cybotron, not the detroit one, very good band) vinyl for like six years in every record stores i went in before i was even able to unearth mp3s of that stuff. thats not good for the music or the hard work of those who created it. if it meant something, then it needs to be remembered, not forgotten, not censored or removed 'due to copyright violations'. if anybody were actually attempting to enforce copyrights on out of print materials, they wouldnt be fucking out of print in the first place.

to take this a little farther, and then ill bring it back around for the end for you since this is gettin long, i find it very difficult to consider having a discussion in a thread about 'early electronic music' without sharing it, not only that, anything i would want to share would surely be out of print anyways. maybe the dewolfe record i posted wasnt, but i looked high and low for information about buying that one and came up short. but apparently that doesnt matter, because its seen as pirating no matter what here. go figure. how do you pirate something you cannot buy. the rules could certainly stand to be made more clear pertaining to out of print material specifically. either spell it out and include oop material as not allowed in the rules altogether, or say 'out of print material will be dealt with in a case by case basis' at the least, because most other forums or places on the internet where discussion occurs really dont have a problem with that kind of material. either the music gets forgotten, or people remember it and appreciate it, and it isnt seen as piracy, which it really shouldnt be. its simply to cover the ass of the site to begin with, i understand that. however, this is pretty much a matter of common sense, and i dont think 'because we say so' is a good reason to say that material that is no longer being manufactured for sale should not be allowed to be linked on any website.

all of that aside, i still feel that you've got no reason to talk to me or anybody the way you generally do if you're a mod here, so you're basically asking me to engage you because you want to intimidate me into not saying anything else, and honestly i've got no desire to ever interact with you anyways. as a mod, you are supposed to be understanding and accepting when rules are broken, simply because rules get broken and especially not always with ill will or intent. it would possibly serve you well to start doing the opposite of your usual reactions of going out of your way to act like you have a reason or motivation to treat someone like crap. but because you do this all the time here, as well as 8bc, im certainly not holding my breath. i hope for your sake that in the future you can be a little less brash and maybe give people the benefit of the doubt instead of being a bully about it. maybe me making a point of this to break it all down for you will make you think twice next time you want to get snarky with people over something that doesnt really matter all that much, even when it comes to the rules. theres a huge hell of a difference between sharing a full discography of an artist, and sharing an album that hasnt been reproduced in 20 years.

if you or anybody at all thinks there is even a question of piracy in music that is no longer distributed or sold, then you probably dont have a similar ethos as i do of what 'piracy' actually is. to be certain, it sure as shit aint sharing three records from the late 70's that you probably wont even be able to find mp3s of, much less vinyl or cd of. and sharing that with what would most likely end up being 25 to 30 people tops, who might actually appreciate the little bit of time that it takes to pass on something that enriches your life and makes it better if you're having a shitty day, or you feel like your world is fallin apart or whatever. THAT is what music is about. and that doesnt cost a dime. if that is pirate, then cut my fuckin leg off, apply a wooden stump, poke out one of my eyes, cut my hand off and replace it with a hook and change my name to 'bilge rat'.

United States

at least he's not insane

Melbourne, Australia
Boner wrote:

at least he's not insane

LOL! I thought about replying but this just sums it up perfectly. Thanks.

tempsoundsolutions : I'm not going to degrade this thread any further by throw more fuel on the fire. If you want to discuss this without an audience (and lets face it, the only reason you do things like this and everything else is for attention) then PM me.

On topic : Some fucking stellar sugestions so far. Jelica, it's going take a while to get through all yours but I'm already frothing at the mouth for more. big_smile

United States

you want everything that creel pone bootlegged http://www.discogs.com/label/Creel%20Pone

Amsterdam
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

Karlheinz Stockhausen. Nuff said.

Although such a grand master (or grandfather) of electronica, I never really liked anything he did, what's his best work in your opinion?

Last edited by DS-10 Dominator (Jul 2, 2011 12:45 am)

TSSBAY01

celsius, i already said anything i have to say to you. period. if you would like to continue, thats too bad. however, youtube videos being posted here violates copyrights as well, but i guess because its youtube its an exception to the rule. go figure! guess me pointing that out makes me even more 'insane'

temp, just stop. Not worth it.

I really want to check out these records, they sound awesome!

Brunswick, GA USA

I'm going to take a blind guess that Kraftwerk are not mentioned for the same reason as Moroder and Hot Butter, they popularized synths to a point that I expect most people to know what tracks made them important, etc.

Have some Bruce Haack

Last edited by chunter (Jul 2, 2011 3:28 am)

uhajdafdfdfa

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowflakes_Are_Dancing

TSSBAY01
Frostbyte wrote:

temp, just stop. Not worth it.

I really want to check out these records, they sound awesome!

i dont think its a matter of it being worth it or not, because either way, ppl are telling me in private good on ya for standing up to celsius.

anyways, to get on topic, here's sort of a quick list of some of the artists i feel are important to that early era of synth music.

synergy
andy clark
roger roger
roland bocquet
mike vickers
mythos
francis monkman
claude perrardin
teddy lasry
simon park
bernard fevre
angela werner
georges rodi
hugo montenegro
keith mansfield
doris norton
jean-pierre decerf

i realize this is sort of a long list, but all of these guys were important for different reasons. definately try and scope out some lasry, he was a sax player in magma, went his own way and dove head first into the synthesizer. 'rush (patchwork 59)' is my favorite work by him, but all of it is very worth checking out. really organic stuff. you may recognize some of his music from 'curb your enthusiasm' if you're a fan of the show. here's some tunes from teddy, claude, and jean pierre, they were all artists on the patchwork label, a very good starting point if you're trying to find your way for some good stuff. i also suggest looking into the bruton and kpm discography NO MATTER WHAT.

some of the artists in that list may be a lil more popular, like synergy or andy clark, but i consider them all equally worthwhile for different reasons. enjoy.

Brazil
DS-10 Dominator wrote:
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

Karlheinz Stockhausen. Nuff said.

Although such a grand master (or grandfather) of electronica, I never really liked anything he did, what's his best work in your opinion?

It's been a while since I listened his stuff, so I can't point a good work of his. Probably something in the 60's, but I'm not sure. Is just ereally experimental.