AANABAY01

if you had to pare down everything you'd ever written until it fit on to a single CD, say 80 minutes, how would the tracklist look? could you even do it or are you a writer who believes their albums have a sort of integrity that'd be lost if they had to be compiled in this way?

do you even have 80 minutes of music? let's find out

Brazil

Some songs I would gadly compile in another form. Some are made that way into the album because they are interconnected.

I probably have 80 minutes of music. I would mantain the orginal tracklist from 1st to last.

astral cat

according to itunes i have 2 hours 40 minutes and 11 seconds of music in mp3 form. and then lots of nsf files.

Abandoned on Fire

31 min 13 secs of stuff on my Bandcamp... I would put that stuff in order by completion date and then fill the remainder of the CD with a loop of the opening riff to Search and Destroy.

Brunswick, GA USA

I would choose only material from 2001 on because I am not proud of much I've done before that (with a few exceptions, but I don't like those pieces enough to bother with the controvery that would ensue.)

Such a compilation must contain the following tracks:

Geocache (I get Spotify plays on it all the time)
C.E.D.T.M. (the most played track on my SoundCloud account though I would want to remix it)
Simple Things (the only time I won SDCompo)
Missing Piece (I tied for first in SDCompo with it)

and since that's only 10 minutes, the rest would depend on my mood of the moment.

IL, US

dont think i really could, too many of the songs im happier with work best as part of the album and i have way too many songs ...maybe a 5 disc set hahahah