Sydney, NSW

I desperately need to back up my SAVs rght now, and I can't do it, seeing as the drivers for the 64M Smart Card don't work on Windows 7.

Right now I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium on a 32bit platform. It's legit and activated.
I've followed the steps shown in the manual, but to no avail.
I've booted in Test driver signing Mode, but that didn't work.

Apparently I'm one of a small handful withthis problem. Plenty of others claim to have it working on 32bit Windows 7 machines.

I can't use a virtual machine, as the host hasn't got enough resources to handle a VM.
I can't install XP, as it's a family computer with a fair bit of important stuff that can't be backed up at this point in time (inb4 invest in an external hdd).

I'm sorry if I'm too vague or general. I desperately need the 64m cart drivers to install on Windows 7 sad

Sydney, NSW

Bumpan.
I really need a solution :<

Europa surfing on the monolith
Chainsaw Police wrote:

Apparently I'm one of a small handful withthis problem. Plenty of others claim to have it working on 32bit Windows 7 machines.

Have you tryed asking them?

Toronto

Have you tried using it with any other user accounts?

I have no other advice to offer, I don't think, so just thought I'd offer up something simple that you probably already tried.

Good luck, though.

Brazil

Shit, I would ink you to 8bc, I had some issues with that too. There are some stuff you need to do, try reading the Win7 manual that came with your cart.

London, Ontario

make a friend using an earlier version of windows
take advantage of said friend

Sydney, NSW
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

Shit, I would ink you to 8bc, I had some issues with that too. There are some stuff you need to do, try reading the Win7 manual that came with your cart.

I'm a male. You shuold know by now that no human man ever reads manuals.

Haha, I kid, I'll have a look at it. I just hope it doesn't tell me to do what I've already done.

Also, where exactly did you DL your drivers from, Subway? I got mine from kitsch's smart cart purchase page, and I know that there are a couple of sites that offer a copy of the drivers.

Sydney, NSW

@Subway 8bc's back up. Could you link me to what you were talking about before?

shotgun breakdown wrote:

make a friend using an earlier version of windows
take advantage of said friend

FTW!

Brazil

Look up here: http://8bc.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=19999

Sydney, NSW

Nope, still doesn't work.
Apparently, the cart has to show up as 'EMS Inter-Link Cable'.

Mine shows up as 'Unrecognised Device'.

Brazil

Dunno what to say, then. hmm
You'll have to find someone with a XP PC, easiest solution. sad

Argentina

Have you tryed restarting Windows 7 on "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" mode?
before windows starts hit F8 many times, choose this option (I use it everytime I need to use this card)
delete and reinstall the drivers in this mode and should work

Sydney, NSW
Zuberi wrote:

Have you tryed restarting Windows 7 on "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" mode?

Yes.

Zuberi wrote:

delete and reinstall the drivers in this mode and should work

I can't delete the drivers if I haven't installed them.

Don't worry guys, I've found out it was a defective cart, and I'll be sending it back to Transformer next week.

Last edited by Chainsaw Police (Aug 3, 2011 9:15 pm)