I haven't played with the screen in a while but I think it worked fine at like 6v

Chicago IL

This one says it runs on 12v DC, and I dunno where to get that power from. I tried to hook it to the ground / 5v parts of the second controller port, it would flicker on for a second but nothing really happened

Unsubscribe

There is no 12v supply in a NES.  You can always drill a jack for the screen power and run a second psu to it.

At 6v it worked ok. would flicker sometimes. to be safe I'd say 9v would be choice. I thought the Mrs ran off of a higher voltage? you can solder right to the inside pin if the power port

Chicago IL

i'm not really sure where that is, do i have to de-solder the RF box?

guess not, just needed to pull that shield off the bottom. hmmm

Last edited by Saskrotch (May 1, 2013 4:27 am)

Chicago IL

Screen flickers on for a bit every 2 seconds. Not sure what else to try.

Unsubscribe

sounds like its underpowered. You might also check if your screen can be modded to take 5v. I saw a thread where some 12v screens go through a regulator and actually operate at 5v internally, you just have to find where on your screen to apply that five volts directly.

http://www.raspberrypi-spy.co.uk/2012/1 … cd-screen/

Last edited by herr_prof (May 1, 2013 6:17 am)

Chicago IL

Oh nice! I think i've figured out which piece is which for the chip, not sure about the header pin spots though

nm found the resistance on those with a potentiometer, although there's a three header pin spot section that also shows resistance

Last edited by Saskrotch (May 1, 2013 6:44 am)

Chicago IL

Alright so last night I took off the step-down chip and started wiring everything. Now I'm getting no response from the screen, and the AC adaptor starts buzzing when it's connected to the header-pin spots.