Any interest in these if I made them? Work really well and it would deffinetly help any live performers so you wouldn't need a huge screen. The tiny screen swivels much like a gps on a suction mount, and is 3.5inches with some crazy resolution.  the screens have adjustment and are quite nice for the size. Also has the correct aspect ratio so no stretch/distorting of picture. Here's some "teaser" pics (screen would be mounted in a more attractive location, its just sitting on the console):

Last edited by 12ianma (Jul 12, 2011 2:49 am)

Venezuela

damgood!!..... i want one for xmas!

What displays do you use for this mod?

Thats cheating. It's not even attached :-P

It wil be mounted with 4 small bolts and locknuts.

Version 2! yobo FC with screen mounted/soldered into boards. screen turns on with yobo. (I connected video (signal and sheild) shield acts as ground, so when you connect the positive of the screen to your power supply, it does not turn on until power is completed through the yobo) This way there is only one power switch/power supply!
Sorry for the bad pictures it's late at night here and in super tired:

Sweden

I found the display on DX: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/et-350-3-5 … v-dc-39044... Might have to get one!

New York City

I had tehse on my watchlist, I will be buying a couple of them soon.

They are only 20$ shipped on eBay!

Sweden

I bought one of these...

http://www.tradera.com/3-5-tums-TFT-mon … _136786048

I just have a question about the power I should connect to it. Don't want to fry it...

12 V DC? Hmmm. The red cable seems like a special one. I got this with it:
http://www.dealextreme.com/productimage … 9044_4.jpg

I guess it's for connecting to the cigarette lighter output in the car?

I want to use an ordinary DC adapter. Should it have minus in the center, or do I have to use a special cable? (It seems a little different than ordinary ones)

The poles are backwards from standard plugs. email me with any other questions bout it ([email protected])

Chicago IL

Is there a tutorial on this anywhere? I keep finding links to tutorials that also involve making the NES portable, and I want to make one that powers off the NES without frying the screen.

Santa Cruz, California

I like where this is going.
It needs a little more crazy stirred in, just to make it interesting.

United Kingdom

How can you create a standard plug socket for the screen, as my research suggests the screen's power supply is two wires (Red and black). I haven't done electronics in years and don't really want to kill myself in the process haha.

Any recommendations? Would love to have a mini screen with my megadrive. smile

EDIT:

I'm an idiot. Just realised you can buy power supplies for them.

Last edited by SAMWAVE (Apr 30, 2013 10:02 am)

Melbourne, Australia

I see your "integrated" screen, and I raise you a NES Control Pad + LCD in the shape of a GameBoy! tongue

Milwaukee, WI
Saskrotch wrote:

Is there a tutorial on this anywhere? I keep finding links to tutorials that also involve making the NES portable, and I want to make one that powers off the NES without frying the screen.

I've powered these screens in just about everything I own with a video out (except the NES). As long as you don't mix the ground/power, you should be ok. I believe these cheap-o screens can take anywhere from 5v-12v.

I'm thinking the power on the controller port should be good. I also think just having the screen resting on top of the console is the easy way out.