uk

Would be really handy to have "Mark all forums read" at the Index page. Sometimes you know that the new topics that were created/discussed today are not interesting and you already read the rest of useful information. So you just want to mark the whole board read and...i don't know, go to work smile So by the time you're back, you can see new updates again.

I'm sure it's not too hard to implement.
Thanks!

Unsubscribe

Arent forums marked as not new after each visit?

If you come back like 30 mins later, the little NEW post indicator should be gone

Brazil

Not even 30 minutes, a few minutes are enough to me at work. I come, see threads, work a bit, come back and if there are new posts, I see them.

uk

Oh, haven't noticed that. Well thanks for the note guyz!

uk

Now, i've noticed another problem. When I stay logged in on the index page, and say need to goto:kitchen and I haven't read some of the topics i wanted to, they're all marked unread when I come back and therefore a bit harder to find/remember which ones were new. I'm not trying to be anal, just really think that mark All topics read would be a much better feature rather that marking them automaticaly after 10min Idle.

Matthew Joseph Payne

Yeah, this has been bugging me too. Just had this problem again - didn't even take long, I just spent a few seconds telling ghostery not to block the twitter badge, and when I came back it forgot about all my unread threads!

uk

That's exactly what I mean kineticturtle. Would be much easier to controll yourself when you want to mark forums read.

Matthew Joseph Payne

Yeah, it sucks when you're doing something like posting a release or announcing a show, or just trying to check a PM for an address to ship something that was purchased for you - and you have to read all the new posts to avoid having the site forget what you haven't read...

Abandoned on Fire

This would be great only if the "time out" feature was also disabled.  As in, stuff stays new until you really view or hit the "mark all read" button.

uk

Yeah, otherwise mark all forums read would be useless smile Can we get a response from a member of the administrators?

Unsubscribe

I just open all the toopics i want to view ina new tab.. works great,

IL, US
herr_prof wrote:

I just open all the toopics i want to view ina new tab.. works great,

same here..works well for me

uk

That's not a very good workaround. Would be much easier to have the damn button.

Unsubscribe

Its not a workaround its workflow big_smile

Matthew Joseph Payne

I do that too. That's not the problem.

The problem is that there are plenty of legitimate reasons to visit cm.org and not want to immediately check all the new forum posts, but if you want to keep track of what you haven't read, you have no other option.

I just started trying out Safari's "Top Sites" function, just to give it a shot. Guess what? Because it pre-loads the pages, I HAVE to visit cm.org first thing after I open Safari every time, or the site marks everything as read.

Philly, PA, USA
kineticturtle wrote:

I just started trying out Safari's "Top Sites" function, just to give it a shot. Guess what? Because it pre-loads the pages, I HAVE to visit cm.org first thing after I open Safari every time, or the site marks everything as read.

don't use safari.