BOSTON

oh yeah, thats what its come to. join the circle so that other chip peeps can find you. if you like that sort of thing:

https://plus.google.com/104358457867533061543/posts

Whitley Bay, England

Added everyone on there! You should all do the same ;D

BOSTON

+1!

Brazil

+1

Philadelphia, PA

The problem I've been having with G+ is that I thought I could add hundreds of people to a circle called "Chiptune Artists," thinking that I can check on that stream once in a while when I want some new music.... sort of like a mixed RSS feed of chip musicians.  But in reality that stream is full of pokemon comics and pictures of cats, just like every other circle I tried to organize by topic.

Brazil
thesimplicity wrote:

The problem I've been having with G+ is that I thought I could add hundreds of people to a circle called "Chiptune Artists," thinking that I can check on that stream once in a while when I want some new music.... sort of like a mixed RSS feed of chip musicians.  But in reality that stream is full of pokemon comics and pictures of cats, just like every other circle I tried to organize by topic.

But that's because people want to share you that, not that you want to see pokemon.

Also you should try change your chipfriends. None of my chip circle has posted pokemans.

vancouver, canada
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

oh yeah, thats what its come to. join the circle so that other chip peeps can find you. if you like that sort of thing:

of course, by "joining the circle", you just mean _add_ the circle right? that doesn't automatically imply membership in said circle, does it?  #foreveralone

Philly, PA, USA
bryface wrote:
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

of course, by "joining the circle", you just mean _add_ the circle right? that doesn't automatically imply membership in said circle, does it?  #foreveralone

it's not an actual circle, it's an account meant to act as a group or something

BOSTON
pixls wrote:
bryface wrote:

it's not an actual circle, it's an account meant to act as a group or something

Yes and Yes.

given that g+ doesnt have any networking features as of yet, the "chiptune circle" is simply an ad hoc account that exists solely to list the people that it follows. the idea is this:

1) chip people follow "chiptune circle"
2) "chiptune circle" follows back
3) chip people look at the "chiptune circle" follow list to find other chip people / add entire "chiptune circle" follow list

and then

4) google actually adds legit social networking functions ('Sparks?' wtf); "chiptune circle" becomes immediately irrelevant

Philadelphia, PA
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

given that g+ doesnt have any networking features as of yet, the "chiptune circle" is simply an ad hoc account that exists solely to list the people that it follows. the idea is this:

3) chip people look at the "chiptune circle" follow list to find other chip people / add entire "chiptune circle" follow list

and then

4) google actually adds legit social networking functions ('Sparks?' wtf); "chiptune circle" becomes immediately irrelevant

Hopefully this method of networking will give rise to images like this all over the web:

BOSTON

i hope so! then with all the gifs and webrings... google+ would be just like... neogeocities or something.

yikes

vancouver, canada
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

and then

yeah, that's what i thought...

still waiting for step 2 cough cough smile