Hey there,

I've got a bleepbloop LSDJ cart that my friend bought online a few years ago. Saving songs has worked once or twice, in his experience, but inevitably everything manages to get deleted from the card. I thought that I might swoop in and save the day by replacing the CR1225 battery, but alas, even with the new battery, saves are deleted when the power turns off.

I realize there's probably no advice that could be given to me without actually having the cart in hand. Are there any general things I might look for?

Thanks for yer time

USA

Look for cracked solder, or anything loose.

bleepbloop carts sometimes have inherent problems that can not be fixed.

I would recommend getting an EMS 64m cart.

I use EMS 64m carts and I love them.

http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/usb-64m-smart-card

You can even mod an EMS 64m cart to have a page1 LED -

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/2704/ … -led-pics/

Keep the bleepbloop cart for GB software that doesn't require a .SAV file.

I can hook you up with a bunch of cool ROMs that don't require a save function.

PM me if your interested, OK.

matt's mind

when i used to carry those carts there was a very common failure of 1134A IC which caused stuff like this...  this also causes the '1A bug' on those carts.

additionally, because of a poor placement of one of the resistors, when the case is opened up in the typical manner (at least on the models i've seen) it will snap off.

so, if you are getting wacky data in your attempted save file, or noticed the 1A happening (actually, your total time will be 26:26:26 if i remember correctly), then its more than likely a faulty 1134A IC, and it'll need to be replaced.

if its just straight up lack of memory, then check to see if the resistor is snapped off.  if you slid the case to open it, more than likely its gone.

the resistor is 10k, 0603 package.

hope that helps!

Ciudad de méxico, MX

same exact thing happened to me, the 103 resistor was the issue. check the first photo with that thing missed, and the second with a new one positioned.

be carefull, if you use  an original gameboy game cart with this pcb the resistor will fall out, check the 3rd pic.

Hmm... My resistor part looks like the first picture, but with a black thing in the middle... definitely doesn't look anything like the second  picture. I'll try to get a picture up later, I was just trying to take a pic with my iPod but it's too grainy to see much.

Ciudad de méxico, MX

you mean the upper Resistor?  on the second one is a replacement that i've just soldered myself.

It looks like this:

http://imgur.com/OGIY1

This picture is grainy as shit, can you make out the resistor part though?

Ciudad de méxico, MX

right of on top of that "b" ?

can't really see if that is missing,... but if there's a missing component, you just need to solder a new resistor and you're gold, just like i've done on the second image. good luck!