San Francisco

found this list of opl2 trackers.
http://www.oplx.com/opl2.htm

opl3 seems to get all the love but the opl2 was opl3's dad. why not show dad a bit of love?

Limited but fun FM synthesis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_YM3812

have fun boys.

Last edited by wedanced (Jul 21, 2011 1:27 am)

Abandoned on Fire

Weird.  I was just going to post about grabbing a couple of super cheap OPL sound cards at a thrift shop only to come home and find I have not a single full sized ISA slot on any PC.  sad

New York City

What about OPLL? Let's give OPLL Some love, fellas
tongue

Rhode Island

@egr been there. Ended up getting an old opl3 laptop off eBay for $40

Ciudad de méxico, MX

Reality adlib tracker is for OPL2. I use a hacked version which allow you to use all the waveforms of the OPL3.

AMUSIC 101 is another one, if i recall correctly.

uhajdafdfdfa

boomtracker 4.0

São Paulo, Brazil

libretto + adlib tracker = boom boom.

Abandoned on Fire
2PLAYER wrote:

@egr been there. Ended up getting an old opl3 laptop off eBay for $40

I've thought about getting another one since I sold the Compaq I used to have.  I wish I could just stick one of these cards in a box I already have, tho.  tongue

Rhode Island

I picked up my card for cheap and felt like an idiot because I already knew it wa ISA lol. Building a box would have got a little more expensive than grabbing a laptop. What I did though was remove the screen from the laptop and hooked it up to anotheronitor I had. Now it's basically a keyboard attached to a monitor. Problem solved.

New York City
PULSELOOPER wrote:

libretto + adlib tracker = boom boom.

Ciudad de méxico, MX

i hate adlib tracker, it always freezes on my toshiba laptop. RAD is my weapon of choice.

São Paulo, Brazil
Analog wrote:

i hate adlib tracker, it always freezes on my toshiba laptop. RAD is my weapon of choice.

it freezes here too. I use a 1998 Toshiba Laptop for writing the tunes and the libretto for performing (it doesn't freeze if I don't input notes while playing, so...).

I tried RAD and couldn't get along with it.

New York City

Probably a configuration problem with your memory management. It works fine here.

Ciudad de méxico, MX

i've messaged to subz3ro about it, tweaked that .INI file opl_latency and the like.

he told there was some "issues" on some notebooks, pretty unknown problem in SOME cases. he thought there was a problem with the doskey app, or any memory resident software. My autoexec.bat and config.sys are really "clean" and manipulated, and the softwarel keeps freezing.

do you mind sharing your .ini file akira? and your OS?

Last edited by Analog (Jul 22, 2011 6:09 am)

São Paulo, Brazil
Analog wrote:

do you mind sharing your .ini file akira? and your OS?

New York City

I'll get to it this weekend, sorry I can't post it now, fellas.