Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

Dripping with variety, VCMG’s newest offering to the chiptune world shouts “range” throughout its duration. Differing from salty drum-strengthened waltzes to arps and scale explosive hyper-dance, VCMG can be seen here clearly demonstrating a huge amount of different styles and composition methods.  Creeping house music and pumping melancholy anthems tossed in also really secures this release as a pure and simple showcase of why VCMG deserves the attention of the chiptune scene. Individually mastering all of the styles he tackles, this release focuses on creativity and the expansion of style over ‘playing it safe’, and the results speak for themselves through the intricate melodies and ample differences in atmosphere.

Tracklist:
1.    Tell Me A Tale, Salty Seaman
2.    Caffeine
3.    Pl0xw3rt Plzz
4.    Faster Than The Speed of Light
5.    Cityglow

http://www.pxl-bot.com/2011/07/pb028-vc … esque.html

Wherever

It would be really cool, if you could start using Bandcamp. I think that a lot of people like to preview stuff first, and then download!

We're thinking of doing a full move sometime soon, and using shirts or stickers to fund it, but it's a bit of a double-edge sword as a lot of artists release for free with us, but then do a bandcamp release for money, as bandcamp features higher quality download options. So releasing everything for free would be a bit restricting, and I'd hate to end up making all our releases dollah-based. Like I said, double-edge sword tongue But we take bandcamp hosting from artists when we can, as it works as a way of cross-promoting their older stuff (Analog, Starpilot, VCMG etc etc)

BUT we are setting a bandcamp for an upcoming inhouse compilation with a "pay-what-you-want" distribution model to hopefully put a bit towards funding a site move and a change to how we host our releases

tl;dr, maybe lator

Concord, CA
AndrewKilpatrick wrote:

2.    Caffeine

This song, ladies and gentlemen, is entirely enough of a reason to download this album.

Wherever

Oh yeah, it goes to Bandcamp... Ssstupid of me, sowwy!

You so a silly bear!

Please bandcamp! Makes adding stuff to the wiki so painless for me smile . (That is in the future not for this specific release)

Last edited by Lossy (Aug 3, 2011 6:33 pm)

Hahaha, we should be toning down the amount of releases we do after we come back from our short break next week, but saying that, we've got about  4 logged up already hmm I'll start adding Pxl-Bot stuff to the wiki meself when we come back if you like smile