São Paulo, Brazil

now we're talking.

Brazil

Now we're totally talking:

Beautiful art of the label

BTW, change the name of the thread to Joey Beltram apreciation thread.

Last edited by Subway Sonicbeat (Jul 30, 2011 4:07 pm)

Austin, Texas
TraceKaiser wrote:

Wait.

You weren't joking when you asked about HORSE The Band?

You seriously came onto a chipmusic forum to ask about Crystal Castles and HORSE The Band?
God preserve us

Ha I really didn't know that both of them were so frowned upon by the chiptune community, may I ask what HORSE did? And honestly I wouldn't even have the slightest idea about what chiptune was (most of you will probably agree that I still have much to learn) but when I got into both of those bands I really started looking into chiptune and it really interested me, and now I mod Gameboys for a living and make my own chiptunes (still have much to learn about music composition tho). So at least they brought me into chiptuning.... even tho I'm sure quite a few of you would prefer it if I wasn't here. Oh and by the way I was pretty dosed up (if you know what I mean) when I wrote the "I'll love Crystal Castles until the day I die" comment and looking back at it today while sober I feel a little immature and stupid to be honest, but I'll laugh about it and move on. But really, what did HORSE do??? I mean, I know they're not by any means a "chiptune band" but Lord Gold does use LSDJ in a lot of their songs, he just doesn't get too technical with it because he still doesn't know much about it. I have personally met all the members on multiple occasions and they're really awesome guys, and I still talk to Lord Gold and I offered to make a him a personalized Gameboy so he could get more into chiptune. As far as I know they didn't rip off anyone else's work...

Just remember I'm still what most of you would call a noob so I still have quite a bit to learn and please forgive me for some stupid mistakes I've made.

Milwaukee, WI

That was NOT Joey Beltram.

uhajdafdfdfa

mentasm is worse than crystal castles imho
musically at least

East Kilbride, Scotland

I still don't see what is wrong with Crystal Castles. Darkwave chip rock for the iPod generation.

Austin, Texas
Sycamore Drive wrote:

I still don't see what is wrong with Crystal Castles. Darkwave chip rock for the iPod generation.

They ripped off a Lo-bat song called "My Little Droid Needs a Hand" in their unreleased track "Insection" and they also ripped off the Covox sond "Sunday" on the track off their first album entitled "Love and Caring".

I really lost a lot of respect for them after reading this on the 8bc Hall of Shame... I still can't honestly say I'm just going to drop them from my life due to them having such a large effect on my life. I switched my college major to Audio Production, I started modding Gameboys for a living, and started really getting into making chiptunes and other music because of Crystal Castles. And after seeing them perform live twice, I realized I really want to do something in music. Maybe I don't look up to the right people, but I think they steered me in the right direction for the most part.

Austin, Texas

....and I still don't see what the problem with HORSE is...

Austin, Texas

http://youtu.be/Ne9XYfE1x44

mmmmmmm gotta love HORSE.

São Paulo, Brazil
Hunterizzle wrote:

I have personally met all the members on multiple occasions and they're really awesome guys, and I still talk to Lord Gold and I offered to make a him a personalized Gameboy so he could get more into chiptune

thank you for sharing your life.

Austin, Texas
PULSELOOPER wrote:
Hunterizzle wrote:

I have personally met all the members on multiple occasions and they're really awesome guys, and I still talk to Lord Gold and I offered to make a him a personalized Gameboy so he could get more into chiptune

thank you for sharing your life.

you're very welcome haha. I just didn't want to hear "oh they suck because they're not chiptune" or some stupid shit like that so I let everyone know that I'm trying to help Lord Gold get more into chiptune.

São Paulo, Brazil

I definitely think there should be a Joey Beltram tribute comp here.

Milwaukee, WI

No. Oh god, no.

Brazil

Pulselooper: let's do a split then.

RG wrote:
PULSELOOPER wrote:

if you wanna buy vinyl, give your money to these guys: www.radiograffiti.org

This and always this. Oh, and listen to our radio stream.

Why has the stream stopped working?