Brazil

Whoes before Chips

Philly

I make music as Ro-Bear to learn and utilize what I've been taught while conveying my emotions.
I make music as Kill3r Whale to get popular and make out with girls.

'07-'09 i was writing just as a way to express myself and have fun.
'10-now i started getting more experimental and put less emotion into my work. which isn't really what I want so I've kind of rethought my philosophy on music and am starting to take a turn in a new direction.

I've been kind of sick of writing with computers for the past 6 months or so. Still don't really know for sure what I want to do with my music.

I make music I want to listen to myself. I sometimes wish I had a clone or twin brother that was just like me and with whom I could exchange albums, because I'm tired of my own music and it's kinda ego to sit at home listening to your own stuff.

Madison, Alabama

As far as my chip music goes, I start writing on guitar or piano and try and recreate those progressions and melodies on the Game Boy.  I could just record live instruments. (I have lots of instruments, mics, etc.)  But there's something satisfying about working on a little plastic box with very limited resources and making it sound huge.

Plus, my first child just turned 1, and there are not many opportunities in the evening to play the drums or crank the bass amp up.  Chipmusic is my quiet, private musical outlet.

Last edited by roboctopus (Aug 3, 2011 7:06 pm)

Brunswick, GA USA
roboctopus wrote:

Plus, my first child just turned 1, and there are not many opportunities in the evening to play the drums or crank the bass amp up.  Chipmusic is my quiet, private musical outlet.

I started learning UTAU so I won't disturb my fiancee by singing at night.