killadelphia

So - i'm tyring to figure out why my computer screen does a hard blink every time i open gensKmod...  i think its messing with my visual adaptor.  Its basically hanging for a couple seconds (causing the screen to go black) when loading the emulator.  anyone know about this - how to fix - why etc.

Also - what do people think >> what are the best Genesis Emulators for sound, for debugging, for visuals...

I've found:
gensKmod is great for debugging and ripping patches.
Fusion sounds best with the overdrive setting.
I'm undecided about visuals though...  what do ppl think?

Last edited by animalstyle (Aug 3, 2011 12:03 am)

killadelphia

if you post a topic and no one replies...  was the topic really there at all?

Russia, Moscow

Original Gens and many of its mods use 16-bit color depth only, and if other color depth is selected, it switches to 16-bit on start and back to the original color depth at exit. You can't do anything with that.

Geneva, NY

I've been using fusion for a few days and like it, but I know nothing. Batsly might have more constructive input to offer on the viz tip.

Also, shit looks okay (so far so good) on the native dingoo dealie... AV out might make it a nice cheapy alternative to shelling out for a nomad and everdrive...

Geneva, NY

I was also dicking with this the other day on the wii: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Genesis_Plus

dev is pretty active right now so it's definitely one to watch....