_______
TENX !

Milwaukee, WI

Looks fine to me!

Seattle, WA US

Yeah I'd say that's just about right

Y U TROLLIN ? : (

Brooklyn NY US

Is one PAL and the other NTSC (or some other mismatch of video signal standards)?

i think a1200 is PAL and monitor should be the same cuz its German ! ; O
maybe 1200 has the wrong resolution set up ,, dunno how to change it ; /

New York City

Looks like a sync problem. It looks like your Amiga may be outputting in Productivity or other 30Khz mode.
Have you tried a game? Try holding the 2 mouse buttons before powering up the Amiga, it will take you to the early startup menu.
If this one still shows up wrong, the monitor might be broken.

HAHAH IT WORKED with early startup menu .. then i booted it up .. tryed to adjust V HOLD -- -

AAND RUINED THE POTENTIOMETER !!!! >>> 888 FFFUUUU

now i get only one stripe in the middle of sceen lolwtf

.. i hope i can fix it : (

New York City

The monitor is fucked. These monitors are prone to many failures these days. I wouldn't waste a second with one of these.

Probably receiving the30Khz signal was the final straw for the monitor. Your Amiga works fine, fortunately.

Milwaukee, WI

WELCOME TO THE FANTASTIC WORLD OF AMIGA.

SO you say its not the fault of potentiometer ???

fukk but for 30 sec it worked it looked REALLLY KOOOL : D

RG wrote:

WELCOME TO THE FANTASTIC WORLD OF AMIGA.

*cough*

New York City
KODEK wrote:

SO you say its not the fault of potentiometer ???

fukk but for 30 sec it worked it looked REALLLY KOOOL : D

This is typical, I had this happening before. It is not the fault of the pot you snapped. VHold has nothing to do with this.
It worked for whatever period then something snapped and gave you that shit. Something broke inside hence the line of crap. All these monitors are WAY past their expiration date, the monitor warranty on these was good until some time in the early 200s, but any of these still working today are special. If the monitor was used regularly, it is only obvious that it stops working now.

Get a scandoubler to connect the Amiga to any monitor. Some guy is making an Amiga RGB to Component box too, you might want to get that if you have a modern TV at home.

The WinUAE emulator is still a great tool if you have an Amiga. I make all my configuration there and then I just provide the Amiga with the properly configured disk. It's much easier. When I can't access my Amiga I can use WinUAE to continue work. But I wouldn't prefer it to an AMiga, specially if I already have one at home and with them being so easy to source.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Aug 5, 2011 2:40 pm)

São Paulo, Brazil

http://cgi.ebay.com/ARCADE-BOARD-RGB-CG … 3a68704ebf

New York City

That seems a bit complex, maybe even less is necessary. i'd like to check if it works with the Amiga, some of these don't.

São Paulo, Brazil
akira^8GB wrote:

That seems a bit complex, maybe even less is necessary. i'd like to check if it works with the Amiga, some of these don't.

this is a test a guy from AmigaBR did with one of those boards: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ4XZC_sRwA

what do you use as monitor, akira?