Sydney, NSW
Glitch Militia wrote:

Is that a compliment smile ?

Yes.

arfink wrote:

But get a good fine-tip adjustable soldering iron first, it's more useful. And with some care and a little solder wick you can do this without one.

I'm with Arfink on this. And do yoself a favour and get proper gear like Velleman which is VERY high quality. With good care it will continue to work till you get old and die.

Thanks for the nice reply's.

Hi,

I tried also to do the same transplant.. works fine, i like this mod.
If you have a rework station, it's quite easy..   if you use flux, a quick warning, don't take conductive flux .. or clean it when finished soldering.

I did take a few pictures during the process, so i created a tutorial .. (not really needed) . but you can take a look here.
http://noizeinabox.blogspot.co.uk/2012/ … plant.html

Special thanks to NeX.

Germany, Trier

I did this one too for the first time. used a hotairgun to desolder the chip from the SGB pcb, took about 5 minutes with max airflow and 220 degree celcius 1cm away from the board in circles. on the dmg board i just cut off the pins from the old cpu and cleaned the solderpoints.ich attached the sgb cpu on the dmg board, looked that every pin sits right and applied solder to all pins and joined all, then get over them with desoldering braid and after there is only a bit of solder left on the pins, go from in to out with the solderiron on each pin. look that there are now bridges between the pins, clean afterwards with isopropanol, check, done !
Took me about 1 hour on my first time.