Ooooh yeah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra8opq1UvEg

I've just finished this mod. I replaced the regular CPU in my greyboy with a CPU from the SGB..
This video I made to demonstrate how quick the boot is. I've used 8Cylinder's software Pounder 2.0 because it loads immediately after boot. Also it was what was loaded on my carts ;-)

Have a nice day.

BTW. Can you embed utube vids here ?

Riverside, CA

That's very neat! Was it difficult? I'm assuming it handles higher BPMs and such much better?

Sadly no. I'ts the same CPU only difference is the fimware.

Unsubscribe

Show us your solder work! Sounds like a PITA

What is a PITA ? 2 sec. I'll get some macro shots fo ya..

Abandoned on Fire

PITA = pain in the ass smile

wait what?  so this does not handle  higher bpms  better than  factory DMG? What exactly does it do besides load up faster? I'm  being  crucial  because I've been trying to find a way to have DMG sound, but with  the processing  speed of say= a gameboy color.

Unsubscribe

It also skips the boot sound:D

Ah yes it is. But I think I disliked the DIY flash GB carts I made more. Anyways pictures are up of both internal diy gb carts and the SGB transplant.

herr_prof said it. No waiting for boot and no nasty nintendo "PLINGGGG!!!!"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62235217@N07/

Last edited by Glitch Militia (Aug 4, 2011 8:48 pm)

Unsubscribe

That is a MEAN solder job!

Sydney, NSW

This is the only other time I've seen this done after NeX's successful attempts.
Good on ya!

Is that a compliment smile ?

Could someone elaborate what the 2 x 64 K S-RAM in the DMG-01 is used for ? The bootstrap or ?

Matthew Joseph Payne

Awesome work, Glitch Militia.

Hey, so, the entire sound engine is contained in the CPU, right? So if you replace the CPU on an 02 or 03 board, won't it fix sample playback also?

Milwaukee, WI

I will be trying this soon.  I almost want to get a hot air rework station! wink  I'll build log it on my soon to be made blog or something.

Minneapolis

Sick soldering job! @Theta- if you want to get into hobby electronics one of those is a good tool to have. But get a good fine-tip adjustable soldering iron first, it's more useful. And with some care and a little solder wick you can do this without one.

herr_prof wrote:

It also skips the boot sound:D

haha, that is kinda rad though. no more fumbling with the mixer, or forgetting to.