Fargo

I've been reading about the audio output backup method described in Nanoloop's manual, but it doesn't seem to me that it's been totally figured out yet.  Does anyone know if you can back up your saves on a Nanoloop cartridge with the Transferer II?

NorthTtrrrway

check

Tokyo, Japan

Wow that is new。

IL, US
the mist toggles wrote:

check

this should work to get the rom (the save for nanoloop 2.3 & 2.5 is part of the rom itself) off the cart (or updating the ROM via multi-boot), just like you can with a flash2advance USB linker.... though unless anyone has found a program that works for writing roms back to the specialized nanoloop flash carts, its kind of a back up that cant be used for much (though you can throw it on a flash cart and use a backup copy live, just have to load it with the same keypress combo you would the demo rom)...
another more expensive option is to have a 2nd cart which you copy everything to using the cart swap method

NorthTtrrrway
http://www.nanoloop.com/usb/ wrote:

It allows to update nanoloop 2.x (2.2 or higher) carts and to backup/restore data from/to nanoloop 2.5.

Palmdale, CA

Is it possible to buy a USB adapter alone?
already have two 2.3's and dont really want 2.5
tongue

Fargo

Well, there you go.  My question seems to be answered.  Only thing is, I've only heard news of customers receiving this who bought 2.5 from Kitsch or from the Nanoloop site itself.  I got mine from Nonfinite and have heard nothing.  Guy never returns emails.

São Paulo, Brazil
Krubbz wrote:

Well, there you go.  My question seems to be answered.  Only thing is, I've only heard news of customers receiving this who bought 2.5 from Kitsch or from the Nanoloop site itself.  I got mine from Nonfinite and have heard nothing.  Guy never returns emails.

Did you try asking Oliver? I can't see no reason why he wouldn't send you one.

New York, New York

So if I understand, on a Game Boy Advance, this can make a back up of the Nanoloop 2.5 rom + songs for Windows, but it can't work in reverse back to the Nanoloop cart? Would the Nanoloop 2.5 rom + songs work on EZ Flash IV? How does anyone get this other than ordering the Nanoloop cart. I had a Nanoloop 2.3 rom which I upgraded by the update on the Nanoloop site.*

*I was worried the Nanoloop 2.5 upgrade was faulty. Is there any reason I should have to worry about it?

Fargo
PULSELOOPER wrote:

I did send him a PM.  Haven't gotten anything back just yet.  I'm sure if I can't get one through Nonfinite, I can get one through him.  I've got the receipts to prove I bought it.

Fargo
Esopus-dragon wrote:

So if I understand, on a Game Boy Advance, this can make a back up of the Nanoloop 2.5 rom + songs for Windows, but it can't work in reverse back to the Nanoloop cart? Would the Nanoloop 2.5 rom + songs work on EZ Flash IV? How does anyone get this other than ordering the Nanoloop cart. I had a Nanoloop 2.3 rom which I upgraded by the update on the Nanoloop site.*

*I was worried the Nanoloop 2.5 upgrade was faulty. Is there any reason I should have to worry about it?

It seems as if it will be able to work both ways.  I won't know 'til I get mine, and I don't think anyone has gotten theirs yet.  But by the description, it seems as if you will be able to back up and send data to the cartridge.  I would doubt it would work with EZ Flash IV.  The Nanoloop cartridges are built specifically with it in mind and have a certain type of memory.  Plus, Oliver doesn't really want people saving the rom and giving it to others.  There is no way to get Nanoloop without buying it from Nanoloop.com, Kitsch's store, or Nonfinite Electronics.  Also, you shouldn't have to worry about upgrading.  This whole effort is to fix a bug with the software.  Nanoloop is kind of spendy, but for good reason.  Oliver makes sure his customers receive the quality they pay for.

matt's mind
Krubbz wrote:
PULSELOOPER wrote:

I did send him a PM.  Haven't gotten anything back just yet.  I'm sure if I can't get one through Nonfinite, I can get one through him.  I've got the receipts to prove I bought it.

Oliver may be a little slow getting back to you with a PM, i'm not sure how often he drops by here to check.

A direct email may work out better.

As far as the adapters and already-bought-2.5 people...  i can only speak for ourselves, but we were told that 2.5 customers would get them when they are available, he gave us the option of shipping directly from there or shipping to us for distribution (which makes more sense as i've got the addresses and info, and its more my responsibility i think).  but, thats the deal if it helps...

i would imagine that other distributors are doing the same, but i can't speak with any authority on this.  only about our own situation.  that would be my hunch at least.

sort of makes me feel like a shrink in a way, but a lot of people who can't get emails replied to end up writing to me to troubleshoot or other things (even try to return stuff to me they bought elsewhere and can't get emails sent back about repairs/returns, which is a bit messed up).  you are happy to email me if i can help, i don't mind in the least trying.  other than that, perhaps putting CAPS LOCK in the subject title or something attention grabbing may help.  i dunno...

Fargo
kitsch wrote:

you are happy to email me if i can help, i don't mind in the least trying.

Thanks, Kitsch.  That's very kind of you.  I know for sure, in the future, I will buy things like this from your shop.  (Only reason I bought from Nonfinite was because they had it a little earlier and I'm impatient tongue)  I've always been more impressed by your customer service, quick order fulfillment, and short response time than any of the others.

Wherever

I've ordered Nanoloop 2.5 from Nonfinite, and he told me that those USB thingies will be send out to his customers too so don't worry.

IL, US
the mist toggles wrote:
http://www.nanoloop.com/usb/ wrote:

It allows to update nanoloop 2.x (2.2 or higher) carts and to backup/restore data from/to nanoloop 2.5.

worth noting that last time oliver recommended a program to write to the nanoloop 2.3 carts, it corrupted the ROM, requiring me to repair it with  .mb file....shame oliver didnt leave the nanoloop forum intact (maybe read-only to save the spam issues), as this was all documented there years ago...
basically saying, dont hold your breath on being able to restore to the carts, both myself & nordloef tried back when 2.3 was still in beta with the same results....

esopus: you should be able to write to a ez flash IV for use, havent tested it on that one yet (i used a flash2advance 128mbit cart & usb flash linker, butshould work about the same...think i have one here, so i may check it later).. important to remember that the nanoloop 2.3 rom (complete with saves) is 128mbit, as most programs ask you how big the rom you are extracting is...once running on another cart, it functions the same as the demo ROM (no ability to save, requires a specific button combo which has slipped my mind to boot), but with your data in it...sadly though, even cart swap method doesnt allow you to copy things off the flash cart and back onto the orig, from what ive seen, though theres one thing im not sure if i tried yet with that, so i may dig out my gear and see if there is a workaround....also., RE: upgrading, im waiting too, the last update ROM is dated May, so i am not so sure its solid yet either...rather have two fully functional 2.3s than 2 buggy 2.5s smile

Philly, PA, USA
e.s.c. wrote:

RE: upgrading, im waiting too, the last update ROM is dated May, so i am not so sure its solid yet either...rather have two fully functional 2.3s than 2 buggy 2.5s smile

I haven't had any issues with my upgraded 2.3, I think the only issues with 2.5 were with the new carts acting up.