Long Beach, CA

Let's say I want to mess with two different compiled versions of Lickshot. Would there be a way to do so simultaneously.

OR

Is there such thing as a DCM sampler or some VST plug-in for a DAW to have multiple NES-driven samples at my command other than recording each one as a .wav?

Any info would help. Just trying to bulk up my live set-up without resorting to Reason or Ableton. smile

Last edited by Terbografx (Aug 8, 2011 9:05 pm)

Brazil

you could always open two emulator running lickshot, right?

Long Beach, CA
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

you could always open two emulator running lickshot, right?

Hmm...as in...two different emulators?

Like...One nestopia/one Jnes?

No, two windows of the same emulator.

Long Beach, CA
Rouwe wrote:

No, two windows of the same emulator.

Will try now. smile

(Technically this would've been the logical first step...but for some reason I didn't think I'd be able to control two simultaneously. Will be back with results).

Long Beach, CA

Okay...well I can't seem to open up two Nestopias.

New York City

Some applications allow multiple instances, some don't.
I doubt you will be able to control two simultaneously anyway, unless maybe with a joystick. Only teh wndow in focus will get key input.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Aug 8, 2011 10:47 pm)

Unsubscribe

Bgb lets you assign two joystixks each to one instance of An emu.. Works unfocuaed too.. Give it a shot.

rochester, ny

you could learn 6502 assembly and just modify lickshot to have more samples.

how many samples do you need?

Brazil

I dunno about nestopia, but I tought it would open two windows. But if you're using joysticks it's easier to do this as herr prof stated - assign different buttons

Long Beach, CA
nickmaynard wrote:

That's not a bad idea. smile

I'm looking to get at least 6 or 8. I've been thinking about using my SNES advantage stick to trigger samples via Reason (max/msp or just key syncs)...but it'd be more fun with Lickshot haha.

rochester, ny
Terbografx wrote:
nickmaynard wrote:

I'm looking to get at least 6 or 8. I've been thinking about using my SNES advantage stick to trigger samples via Reason (max/msp or just key syncs)...but it'd be more fun with Lickshot haha.

email me a zip file of the samples at [email protected] and i'll mod lickshot for you.

Long Beach, CA
nickmaynard wrote:
Terbografx wrote:

email me a zip file of the samples at [email protected] and i'll mod lickshot for you.

Dude, that would be awesome! You honestly don't have to, but if you end up doing it in your spare time, I wouldn't mind since I'd love to see what you did to the source code haha.

I'll send you the .wav as well as the dcms. Thanks, man.

GNV / FL / USA
nickmaynard wrote:
Terbografx wrote:

Nice one, Nick. Thanks. If the code works well forward it to me and I can include it in an update and credit you.

I'd do it myself, but I'm busy prepping a bunch of open source releases for more of my NES software.

I need Batsly to make a ROM called Dickshot

rochester, ny
Terbografx wrote:
nickmaynard wrote:

Dude, that would be awesome! You honestly don't have to, but if you end up doing it in your spare time, I wouldn't mind since I'd love to see what you did to the source code haha.

I'll send you the .wav as well as the dcms. Thanks, man.

yeah dude, it should be no problem. unless there's some complication i'm not aware of.