Retired

Hi,

I would like to have a pure (multi channel) analogue synth controlled by a tracker. Something like goattracker or LGPT but with raw analogue oscillator and filters. It would need 6-7 channels, low-pass, high-pass, and band pass or notch filter for each channels (sync too). A good noise generator like the 2a03 + white noise. A bunch of LFO and a matrix modulation for each instruments. Like this we would have a killer sound with all the synth parameters that we like soo much... and a tracker interface to make 10000 instrument instead of "programming" each sound and record them...  I guess building such device would be expensive because of the oscillator and filters, but with a tracker, you avoid putting some knobs everywhere. Oh and it would need a cool time table for fucked up beats.

That's it, can someone realise my dream? Can someone build a device like this for me? Does anyone knows a synth company that would be proud to lose money in a project like this?

Mwahahahahah! It would be so cool though!

Unsubscribe

renoise
+
http://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/silentway.html

?

Tacoma WA

silent way or volta + DC coupled sound interface + eurorack

the eurorack would get expensive quickly though.  and you'd miss out on a lot of the great stuff that a modular is capable of.

for each voice you'd need something like
1 voltage controlled oscillator, 1 multi mode filter, 1 voltage controlled amplifier
VCO would run you around 200-250.  filter would depend on exactly what filter you wanted 250 for a bubblesound sem20, for VCA you are looking at around 130 dollars.  then figure in a case and power supply. 

you could do envelopes and modulation from silent way so you wouldn't need to spring for those.

Sweeeeeeden

If you really need analog, I'd recommend Renoise + MIDI CV interface  (or DC coupled audio interface) + a modular synth system. But you'll need enough money.

Or, you might just prioritize real analogue a little bit lower and go with Renoise + Reaktor. It comes with a learning curve and it isn't analog, but gives you all the possibilities you want.

Also, C64's filter is analog and raw. And while C64's oscillators aren't analog, they're certainly raw.

Also, I love your music, triple question mark man.

San Francisco

there are tons of options that cover this. you even named some yourself. its just a matter of finding an analog synth with midi.

Milwaukee, WI

Just Renoise with anything really.  A Doepfer Dark Energy or similar would be cool.

Retired

I already own a modular system. The expert sleepers module would indeed enhance the possibilities, but it is still very limited. I mean that It would takes a lot of enveloppe module (or lots of modulation to a cv controlable ADSR) to make different "instruments" with a single oscillator (a kick, a bass and some plucks or arps...). Using a tracker makes this possible, but analogue synth or modular patch cannot be controlled in the same way, even with midi... Maybe I'm to lazy to learn control change (midi CC I think) to change patch in the middle of a bar. None of this would be as efficient as a tracker controling everything. And noodle are confusing with wires everywhere big_smile

@nitro2k: I know the C64 sounds are raw, but they aren't as fat as any analogue synth I've used.

The most efficient way to work remain sampling all the sound separately and then put them in a sequencer. But then you lost the feeling... not an inspiring way to work.

Unsubscribe

Another idea: run goatracker with a hardsid? Thats pretty much what you want, right?

Retired

I own a hardsid too... I would like something like 2-3 sid chip in one device, but with a better sound and controlled by tracker. It was just an idea that seemed cool too me... Not that I dislike the sid sound though...

Sweeeeeeden

Like I said, Reaktor... Even if you use it with external gear, it's brilliant. There's an advanced envelope generator instrument which you can use, and you'll never need another envelope generator. Or just use Reaktor for all your synth needs.

Wellington, New Zealand

I just started using arturia minimoog V with renoise
It's honestly amazing
I have a midi keyboard so it makes it even cooler.
I used it to make this.