California

Got my cart a couple hours ago. Initially I had some problems, but after updating it works perfectly fine.

One thing though: Norton Security Suite initially recognized the PC updating software as "high-risk malware." What gives?

Unsubscribe

Its probably a false positive. I use regular Norton and it doesnt care. Oliver should try and sign the binary, Maybe it's freaking out on the low level serial whatever.

Abandoned on Fire

@oliver - I'm loving the FM settings on the s channel but just for my own piece of mind could you explain just what is modulating what?

If FM is active (the dot is not on the far left), the pitch envelope / lfo modulates FM depth instead of pitch. Try a slow LFO.

Abandoned on Fire
oliver wrote:

If FM is active (the dot is not on the far left), the pitch envelope / lfo modulates FM depth instead of pitch. Try a slow LFO.

I guess what I'm asking is:  what wave is used as the modulator?  I'm assuming the S channel wave is the carrier.

It's a square wave: on/off. In 1.2 it was a triangle, but at the higher frequencies, where the FM sounds like FM rather than an LFO, the horizontal resolution was so low that the result was more or less a square, too. (Like the highest harmonic in the wave form mixer: It's mixed from a sine, but appears as a pure square).

Abandoned on Fire

INCREDAMAZEBALLZZZZZ:  http://www.nanoloop.com/midi/

This adaptor connects a Game Boy link cable with a PC's USB port. It appears as a MIDI port on the PC and offers the following functionality:

- Load updates for nanoloop 2.x and nanoloop one.
- Load additional 32k ROMs, such as mGB, on nanoloop one.
- Backup / restore songs from / to nanoloop 2.5 and nanoloop 1.6.
- Sync any nanoloop version to MIDI-enabled programs on the PC.
- Play the Game Boy via MIDI from the PC using mGB.
- MIDI signals from the Game Boy are forwarded to the PC.

Oh, I didn't see this post when I opened a new thread about the MIDi device.

IL, US

s'ok ...seems worth its own thread smile

I got some problems with nanoloop 1.6 (nanoloop crashes sometimes in the song editor, can't load empty patterns) so i wanted to update my nanoloop to the latest version 1.6.3

But the nlmidi03 file is just popping up and dissappearing imediately after i execute it.
So i loaded the nlusb02 file but it keeps saying "USB adaptor detached".

I don't know what to do. Did anyone have this kind of problem?

Thanks and best regards, Tobi

São Paulo, Brazil
Amity Level 2 wrote:

I got some problems with nanoloop 1.6 (nanoloop crashes sometimes in the song editor, can't load empty patterns) so i wanted to update my nanoloop to the latest version 1.6.3

But the nlmidi03 file is just popping up and dissappearing imediately after i execute it.

did you write Oliver? He's a cool guy and always answerers my emails.

Abandoned on Fire
Amity Level 2 wrote:

nlmidi is a command line tool to change midi related settings.  It's not used for udates.

The instructions for using the update rom are on the same page where you download it:  http://nanoloop.com/midi/one.html

EDIT:  Ooops, noticed that you wrote DEtached but I read ATtached.  Sorry, mail Oliver.

Last edited by egr (Mar 29, 2012 6:50 pm)

"- Start the program with -send nanoloop163.gb"

I also don't understand this hmm

Okay, I'll email him tomorrow!
Thanks, anyways!

Abandoned on Fire

Is anybody using this with an SP?
Neither of my carts will boot on either of my SPs, just gives the black bar logo like nothings there.  Weird.  And yes, I did check that the cart was in the right way.  I had them upside down initially.  tongue

IL, US

Try reinserting a few times, took 4 tries to boot for me just now on an sp v 2

IL, US

Though I notice that exiting song screen results in the sp freezing upa