Abandoned on Fire
e.s.c. wrote:

Try reinserting a few times, took 4 tries to boot for me just now on an sp v 2

Tonight I'm gonna slice up a cart case to slip over the nano cart and see if it's just an issue with the gb/gba switches.  We'll see...

Abandoned on Fire
e.s.c. wrote:

Though I notice that exiting song screen results in the sp freezing upa

Oh, that's not a good sign.  sad

Abandoned on Fire

Nanoloop One cart works in an SP when a mega memory card is used as a pass through.  Does that mean an issue with the nano cart shape or what?  I dont see what else it could be....

Easton, PA, USA
soultron wrote:

What problems might there with Super Gameboy?

I just found out that nanoloop 1.6.3 does not work with the Super Gameboy, not even with the mega memory card as a pass through, on the light side the "hello" and "mega mem" messages do show up right underneath the cart with an X. Cannot understand why those charming messages freeze what is essentially a dmg in a different shell ? I wonder if any one using an sgb cpu in a dmg has any issues? Still awesome though, and works with everything else.

Melbourne, Australia

Mine is on it's way!
And so is my mate's.
Then i can start my chiptuning for the first time big_smile

GTA, ON
egr wrote:

Is anybody using this with an SP?
Neither of my carts will boot on either of my SPs, just gives the black bar logo like nothings there.  Weird.  And yes, I did check that the cart was in the right way.  I had them upside down initially.  tongue

Didn't read any of the replies to this, but in my experience its just the SP, because I used to use an SP with LSDJ all the time, but after a while it would just start crashing and freeze all the time and re-flashing the rom to the cart, etc did nothing to fix that. But using the cart with my pocket or dmg doesn't give me any problems at all. So yeah, I think there is an underlying issue in the GB support for the SP or something to that effect.

sweden

Never had any problems with gb carts (original or flash) with gba sp. Havnt tried 1.6 yet though.

Los Angeles

yup i have issues when using SP. esp. modifying the waveform screen.
.. but no such problems on my GBC.

Los Angeles

also seems to work fine on my original GBA, just not my sp.
I'm lucky if it loads at all on the sp.

Ciudad de méxico, MX

seems like a similar issue of nanoloop 2.5 first batch.

booted always in my GBA and never start on my GBA micro or NDS lite.

A software update may fix this, oliver is the man to ask directly.

Los Angeles
dasid wrote:

also seems to work fine on my original GBA, just not my sp.
I'm lucky if it loads at all on the sp.

just to update this SP loading/black bar issue of mine, (this might just be my SP) i figured out if i make sure to push the left side of the cart in deeper then the right (slightly crooked) it loads everytime and works as well as it does on my regular GBA -so that means it still crashes easily. but if i dont do anything fancy (like save!) it works ok.

it seems like the Advances are best just for playback.

Last edited by dasid (Jun 16, 2012 1:59 pm)

Unsubscribe

Maybe it would work better if you transplanted it into a ori gb case?

Los Angeles

yes it's fine in my GBC and ori GBA, i just want that lit screen without investing in a mod! big_smile
its an easy fix and its not THAT crooked of an angle really (hardly noticeable at all) but it makes all the difference for me getting that black bar or not. i only have one SP so i can't verify if its an SP only problem, but for me it is.

Unsubscribe

I was referring to the cartridge shells.

Los Angeles

ahhh. hmm. has anyone done this?

Abandoned on Fire
egr wrote:

Nanoloop One cart works in an SP when a mega memory card is used as a pass through.  Does that mean an issue with the nano cart shape or what?  I dont see what else it could be....

I've wanted to get my One cart into a shell for this very reason.  The problem is that you have no room at all on the bottom or sides.  You need to somehow attach the upper portion of the cart case to the One cart directly.