Sweeeeeeden

Looking at the picture again, I realize the edge extends a little bit longer on the side where the switch is. Clever, and I'm sure this works in general, but I would've made it extend a little longer, even if it ruins the visual appearance of symmetry. A real GB cart would push it all the way, and I'm sure there's 1 GBA out of 100 where there's some corrosion on the switch or something so it'll only work if it's pressed almost all the way in.

Wilmington,NC

What problems might there with Super Gameboy?

USA

Oliver - That new Nanoloop GB cartridge looks FANTASTIC !!!

Last edited by SurfaceDragon (Oct 27, 2011 3:02 am)

That cart design is fantastic. Now I'm actually intrigued... Might there be different interesting features compared to 1.3 -> 1.5? I hope so. smile

Last edited by _-_- (Oct 27, 2011 7:34 am)

nitro2k01 wrote:

Looking at the picture again, I realize the edge extends a little bit longer on the side where the switch is.

The cart is symmetric, what may look like a longer edge on the left side is the cut edge which appears blue due to some illumination effect. When you look close, you can see the curve that marks the shape of the edge within the blue. The whole cart may look a little strange on the picture because of the isometric perspective (very long telephoto lens, almost no perspectivic distortion) and my amateurish GIMPing.
In reality, the cart is a little darker and a little greener, almost "dark teal". The color depends a lot on the lighting conditions, in daylight it looks more like on the picture while under a light bulb it appears in a very dark, almost black green. Haven't seen it under flourescent light yet.

I had experimented a little with different edge lengths and this one seems save. There is a tolerance of a few millimeters, it would still push the switch and work in a GBA if the edges were cut a millimeter longer than the pins (now they're about 1 mm less than the pin length).

Tokyo, Japan

Is nanoloop one the same as 1.6?

Yes. The cart can be updated with the USB adaptor, so the cart and the software version got different names. The 1.x series are the versions for DMG, it would be logic to name the cart "nanoloop 1". However, people may think that a version 1 would mean a re-release of the original 1.0 cart, therefore I decided to name it "nanoloop one".

do we know when we will be able to buy these and how many will be made? I am dying over here...

There are a few 100s in stock, I'm now waiting for the USB adaptors and the 1.6 software is not quite finished yet, too. I think sales can start within next week.

Could you shine some light on what it will feature software-wise more precisely? Thanks.

Palmdale, CA

I too want spex =^-^=

São Paulo, Brazil
oliver wrote:

There are a few 100s in stock

it'll be like a supermarket during a nuclear assault.

Philly, PA, USA

I'm so excited :DDD

São Paulo, Brazil
oliver wrote:

I'll make a video tomorrow.

if you please. smile

STARDRAIN, CA

waitingwaitingwaiting

IL, US
Kool Skull wrote:

waitingwaitingwaiting