Brazil

Anyone could lend me a hand of how I could achieve this particular sound (at the beginning, the keyboard sound) using OSC? Do I have to mix two kinds of waves?
I hate using samples that are not oscillator because I just can't mix and tune them well.

So, a far shot out there, thanks anyway.

São Paulo, Brazil

what do you mean, "can't mix them well"?

Los Angeles

reminds me of a synth organ. so i'd use 2 saw waves, one that is a bit quieter and pitched 1 octave and 5 semi tones higher (+17) ... also add a chorus or more detuned oscillators to give it a chorus effect.

Florida

What he said. ^^... definitely has that minimoog feeling.

Brazil
PULSELOOPER wrote:

what do you mean, "can't mix them well"?

I mean I suck big_smile Or can't tune it right.

Thanks dudes, gonna definetly check that out. I asked for oscillators cause I use the piggy, so might be easy to do a sample with that.

Last edited by Subway Sonicbeat (Sep 5, 2011 9:49 pm)

Brunswick, GA USA

The answers are appropriate. The basic sound you hear is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combo_organ which in a way are the prototype to the square wave generators we use in the first place. Blend two OSCs in different intervals and duty cycles and experiment until you get the timbre you want, or experiment with very fast duty cycle changes to see if that does what you want.

Brazil

Duty cycles... I tried with the saw waves, but it failed with the piggy cause it lacks some kind of chorus.

Probably with some squares with different percentage will help more.

Thanks!

Unsubscribe

piggy has plenty of chorus, if you just think of chorus as a time based effect and use multiple channels. Try doubling stuff up, and applying some pitch effects to the delayed track.

Los Angeles

you could also just genereate the waveform with chorus and just use the prerendered wave with loop points. if piggy is the end target this is the best solution.

Brazil

yeah, I was doing some sort of delay using my guitar amplifier. Did some nice distorted drum kits too. I tried my new waveform and is sounding good, not the way I wanted tough.

And I kinda saw the chorus effect rolling in an xm I got of hunz, multilayered sounds going in some kind of reverb. But I have 8 not 32 channels hehehehe gonna see what I can do.

And while you're here, professor, there is some track at hexawe that I can see some chorus going wild? All I can do is some dope delay.

Brunswick, GA USA

Chorus was not typical in combo organ sound. However, some of those organs had reverb tanks or spring reverbs (from using old guitar amps) and all of them can layer their "flutes," think of The Doors or early "See Emily Play" Pink Floyd.

Unsubscribe

ask bleo to post his newest track big_smile

Brunswick, GA USA

Compare: