I just wanted to post a few ideas and things to think about regarding the bugs and requests forum. In my opinion:

Everyone should be allowed to express their ideas freely, in their own way of communicating. It is important to the creative climate not trying to involve social positioning, but even let the most stupid people express themselves without reprimands, drama or ridiculation.

If you at some point can't relate to a thread, or thinks it is negative and should be "attacked", it might be a better idea to 1) ask for clarification, and 2) leave it for later until something good eventually have come out of it. Other people than you may be able to interact constructively with the poster - or it will simply be ignored, which is not a problem.

I agree wholeheartedly, however, this is not and will never be the reality for this community in particular. Not necessarily because we're a barrel of rotten apples, but because the reason we unite really has nothing to do with what defines us personally.

If that makes any sense.

Brooklyn NY US
PlainFlavored wrote:

however, this is not and will never be the reality for the internet.

fixed

Bit Shifter wrote:
PlainFlavored wrote:

however, this is not and will never be the reality for the internet.

fixed

Almost true, but I have been to some extremely civil philosophy forums that are still currently active.

Cambridge UK

Internet?
Tssssss!
Humanity.

PlainFlavored wrote:
Bit Shifter wrote:

fixed

Almost true, but I have been to some extremely civil philosophy forums that are still currently active.

We're pretty far from philosophers.

Just sayin'.

Chicago IL
arlen wrote:
PlainFlavored wrote:

Just sayin'.

we're philsosophmores at best

Salt Lake City
Saskrotch wrote:
arlen wrote:

Just sayin'.

we're philsosophmores at best

zing!

Brazil

We have pms, things can get resolved outside the public. Just that can avoid some stuff.

Anaheim, California

Its nice to see posts like this and I agree with Joule.  Asking for clarification or ignoring are two great ways to avoid causing a problem

All arguments between members should be settled through hand-to-hand combat. He who wins, is right.

Melbourne, Australia

Your arguement is a paradox. You want to promote the freedom of speech regardless of how stupid that point of view might be but you also want people to make a judgment to self censor if it is not constructive.

Yeah... You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Minneapolis

I would tend to agree with Joule, if only because I actually am a philosopher. I have been to places which are extremely civil, as some have mentioned. However, I suspect that this place will have some roughness if only because chiptune seems to be a very... adolescent fad? We have alot of teenagers running around, which means they'll say stupid things. If it's any consolation, things are looking very civil and, dare I say it, quiet around Chipco.

I would say to anyone who agrees with Joule's intentions, be a good example and set the tone. PM people who are being foolish, and always be friendly and courteous. Very simple.

Anaheim, California
arlen wrote:

All arguments between members should be settled through hand-to-hand combat. He who wins, is right.

this actually sounds better than what Joule was saying

Brazil
arfink wrote:

However, I suspect that this place will have some roughness if only because chiptune seems to be a very... adolescent fad? We have alot of teenagers running around, which means they'll say stupid things.

Actually I think most people in this forum has it's 20 or so. More or less.

Chicago IL
Russolo wrote:
arlen wrote:

this actually sounds better than what Joule was saying

i had to not laugh cause i was smoking and didnt want that coughy liquid smoke thing happening in my throat