Florida
herr_prof wrote:

I like the song position at the top, where it belongs.. but it seems cluttered to my eyes.

I agree with this. It's definitely a little disorienting.

Brazil
trash80 wrote:
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

Everything too clumsy on the frontpage. I like one page with my recent topic so I can look and never click in any.

But really, I think it's too messed on the frontpage and the forum posts should get a different place.

Cant please everyone. you could always just bookmark http://chipmusic.org/forums/search/recent/

Will place it back in if the demand is there. Let's see how this plays out. smile

^^

Thanks for the link, I prefer that, didn't know it was still there. That solves my only problem with the new layout!

AANABAY01

nice improvement

what ze hell are zose circles

Los Angeles

Updates: recent posts is back (suckers)
added / made more usable the magical ratings set per item. (block of circles) based on a number of prerequisites and formula shitfilter magic. rating is 1 to 9 circles. pew pewpewpewww lazerz

Florida

I like this muuuch better. Thanks! :0)

Nomad's Land
trash80 wrote:
irrlichtproject wrote:

wow, new frontpage looks nice.

i've got a suggestion though to solve the wide screen issue. the log-in and search fields could be moved to the top right of the page, next to the header. the who's online tab could go to the bottom of the page, since it's not very important information. so the right side bar would not be needed anymore.

also it would look even prettier if the whole page could be centered rather than tied to the left.

What widescreen issue?

at the moment cm.org only looks good if you have a widescreen. for small laptop screens the layout is too wide.

Los Angeles
irrlichtproject wrote:

at the moment cm.org only looks good if you have a widescreen. for small laptop screens the layout is too wide.

It would be completely pointless to support 800x600.

Brazil

\0/

I still think it's appealing, looks great! Although I think it looks awkward when the recent posts don't stretch all the way to the bottom.

Just my OCD. hmm

Awesome job nonetheless.

Los Angeles
someonesomewhere wrote:

Although I think it looks awkward when the recent posts don't stretch all the way to the bottom.

Yeah I agree. PEOPLE NEED TO POST MORE TOPICS. (or something)

vancouver, canada
trash80 wrote:

added / made more usable the magical ratings set per item. (block of circles) based on a number of prerequisites and formula shitfilter magic. rating is 1 to 9 circles. pew pewpewpewww lazerz

i do like that it's easier to tell which tunes haven't been checked out as much.  The users could work together to "fill up the dots" for new tunes, at which point the artist that posted the song can't butthurt whine anymore about their tune not getting any eyeballs or feedback.

Los Angeles
bryface wrote:
trash80 wrote:

i do like that it's easier to tell which tunes haven't been checked out as much.  The users could work together to "fill up the dots" for new tunes, at which point the artist that posted the song can't butthurt whine anymore about their tune not getting any eyeballs or feedback.

It's based on number of bookmarks and number of comments all weighted by number of unique views. it would be easy to fill the dots, until the # of unique views goes up, in which cause the score will go back down.

Melbourne, Australia

Lol. This is like when facebook changes and everyone says they can't handle the new facebook and then it changes again and the same thing happens.

buffalo, NY

YAY

Nomad's Land
trash80 wrote:
irrlichtproject wrote:

why not, if it can be achieved with an easy solution (ie use the blank space in the top right corner)?

Los Angeles
irrlichtproject wrote:
trash80 wrote:

why not, if it can be achieved with an easy solution (ie use the blank space in the top right corner)?

And put who's online on the bottom of the page? every page? I dont like that idea. Nor do I like the idea of putting it on the bottom of only the front page. also the right side is used for login, I could put that on the center top of the home page, but I dont liek the idea of inconsistent layouts.

not to mention the number of people who use that resolution is tiny. and will be even smaller in a years time.