Philly, PA, USA

A couple of nitpicks:

It would be nice to have a "Forums" page that would essentially be what the old homepage was. I like the new homepage for a quick digest of things, but if I want to post a new topic seeing just the forum sections would be a bit more useful.

Also I noticed in the music section the PM button is different from in the forums, and I don't know if it was intentional, but I don't like it.

Also, I'm not sure if this would actually look good, but it might look just a bit cleaner to give the recent topics a bit less space, and the forum titles a bit more.

Los Angeles
pixls wrote:

A couple of nitpicks:

It would be nice to have a "Forums" page that would essentially be what the old homepage was. I like the new homepage for a quick digest of things, but if I want to post a new topic seeing just the forum sections would be a bit more useful.

Also I noticed in the music section the PM button is different from in the forums, and I don't know if it was intentional, but I don't like it.

Also, I'm not sure if this would actually look good, but it might look just a bit cleaner to give the recent topics a bit less space, and the forum titles a bit more.

Fixed up. (you know you know)

IL, US
trash80 wrote:
irrlichtproject wrote:

at the moment cm.org only looks good if you have a widescreen. for small laptop screens the layout is too wide.

It would be completely pointless to support 800x600.

i may be the only admin in this situation, but my work's outside IT guy is retarded (and so are the management/owners) so i cant get wifi at work, thus use my HTC desire during the day, so i would love an option more friendly to lower res

Chicago IL

looks really crowded on my netbook. but so does most everything.

IL, US

also, tim the correct answer was: stfu dixls

Venezuela

can somebody explain me what's that icon in the SONG'S?, which looks like braile with blue dots?... is some kind of rating or counter?

Still not understanding the circle rating system, even post-explanation

Los Angeles

Its a automated rating system that has no affiliation to popularity, rating from 0 to 9, also it's a fancy icon.

IL, US

so this means people hate my songs, huh? wink
edit: small point, some reason my shit all runs together, name, to artist name to links.. i blame myself, somehow

Los Angeles
e.s.c. wrote:

so this means people hate my songs, huh? wink

Not necessarily.

e.s.c. wrote:

edit: small point, some reason my shit all runs together, name, to artist name to links.. i blame myself, somehow

where?

Philly, PA, USA
trash80 wrote:

Its a automated rating system that has no affiliation to popularity, rating from 0 to 9, also it's a fancy icon.

trash80 has written a program that listens to and rates music based on its own thoroughly vetted automated taste. It then assigns a rating from 0-9 based on how objectively good that song is. You can see that most songs have 0s because chiptune sucks. However, some people can make objectively perfect music, somehow.

/sarcasm

Also I've noticed that when I command+click on a song to open it in a new tab, if it's on the song's square but not on the title it will just open it in the same tab, and if it's on the song's title it will both open the song in the current tab as well as in a new tab. I think there may be some redundant, but disobedient hyperlinking...

Last edited by pixls (Sep 20, 2011 6:01 am)

Los Angeles

New update. A quick player preview thanks to some "user" suggestions. Check it out and hate on it.

TSSBAY01

not tryin to hate on the work you guys did, but i gotta echo that this is way too busy..and i agree that a 'forums' tab that people could bookmark to cut down on all the stuff would help. imagine how a dude on an eee whos just loggin on to check out the forums is gonna feel

Los Angeles
tempsoundsolutions wrote:

not tryin to hate on the work you guys did, but i gotta echo that this is way too busy..and i agree that a 'forums' tab that people could bookmark to cut down on all the stuff would help. imagine how a dude on an eee whos just loggin on to check out the forums is gonna feel

Well since the home page is more squishable horizontally than say, the recent posts page or other areas of the site... they should feel fine. 

There is not much data on the page. I think it's a simple case of people used to the plain home page with just the category and subform listing. There is technically less data on our home page than most other forums online.

A gray world of dread

Just an idea: How about Forum-navigation between the search and the online list? Would need to be in the 'small' layout style, of course. I wouldn't mind having that on every page.

Geneva, NY

Possible bug: I had a new PM this morning and the notification bubble was coming out of the profile button. Clicking it too me directly to the message tho.