Hello. Looking to buy an ORIGINAL LSDJ cart. (Apparently, the software on the emulator carts are not robust enough for my computers & only crashes them) If there are any Old school carts lying around, or if you have any suggestions as to lsdj emulator carts that are safer than the ems usb 64 carts, I would be happy to trade and/or pay handsomely.
-Jon

Last edited by Jon Elzey (Sep 28, 2011 12:09 am)

matt's mind

the old carts were on EMS 32M smart carts.  the carts to which you refer (the emulator carts) i'm guessing are the 64M smart carts, made by the same company. 

you'd get the same effect if you got a cart and had someone else flash it for you, like the vendor.  this would bypass any issues with needing to plug it in.  apart from making backups, which is something the 32M carts will do ONLY with the EMS Transferrer devices.

tracking down an original cart will get you a 32M cart, with a very early version of LSDJ on it. 

probably not worth it...  you wont escape the issues you fear.  instead, you'll have a non-USB (still) EMS-brand very early version of LSDJ cart, which you can't make backups from UNLESS you've got a Transferrer device which REQUIRES your computer to have a parallel port...  and then you're back to the issue of using the software (different drivers but same essential thing).

San Francisco

well actually there was a limited run of the first lsdj carts from johan himself. they were purple and had a really old version of lsdj i think it was before there was a save management system.

i know my boy bitshifter just found his recently if i recall.

Kitsch Bent flashed the cart for me, & was really great answering questions about the return of the two EMS smart carts they sold me. I'm pretty sure it's the limited run or any NON-usb flashed emulator carts I'm looking for. I'm not worried about not having a usb port. In fact, it's one of the things I do like about nanoloop(using a flash instead). Looks like I'm just gonna have to daily save everything to my DAW/sampler!

Last edited by Jon Elzey (Sep 27, 2011 10:27 pm)

It'd be nice if I could change the title to: WTB-(NON-usb) flashed LSDJ carts(any era)!

Abandoned on Fire
Jon Elzey wrote:

It'd be nice if I could change the title to: WTB-(NON-usb) flashed LSDJ carts(any era)!

You can, click edit on first post.

Cool. Thanks.

i have a original lsdj cart (not ems usb cart) i think... it clear and has no usb out... i also have ems usb cart... if you want to have a newer virson of lsdj, u should get a ems cart.

Philadelphia

I think this thread died out a while ago mate. Jon Elzey's last post on the entire board was September 27th 2011. The one right before your comment.

Milwaukee, WI

You can have my EMS 32 cart if you can just back it up for me.  ANYONE PLEASE! X_X

Chicago IL
Theta_Frost wrote:

You can have my EMS 32 cart if you can just back it up for me.  ANYONE PLEASE! X_X

i'll be able to eventually, need to send the hard drive for this old laptop to o2star so he can fix it. i've been avoiding my 32meg carts to make sure nothing happens to the battery til i get them backed up.