killadelphia

Does anyone know of the value / a replacement part number for the gameboy volume potentiometer.  The part is easily desoldered.  I figure there has to be a new replacement - i'm just being lazy

anyone know - so i dont have to get my multimeter out

the original pot that is in it reads 303b or just 303 but, i don't know what that means!

Last edited by animalstyle (Oct 6, 2011 5:17 pm)

matt's mind

303 would be 30, with 3 zeros.  30k pot.

although it may be a part #, not a value marking.  a coincidence, its probably 30k if its marked 303.  303b would indicate it as a linear pot (i think).

right anyone else???

(this may be marked on the schematic as well)

killadelphia

30k on the schematic.  I guess I should search 30k stereo pcb mount potentiometer...  not showing much results. : /

Sweeeeeeden

You're probably going to have a hard time finding one that fits the form factor and pinout. It's just a simple voltage divider, so a wide range of values with the same form factor would work.
I'd probably recommend a transplant from a broken boy, or using this one for pre-pot (no-pot) prosound only.

yo if you need spares/broken boys, i got u

killadelphia

do you think a pot from a gb color or pocket would work?

killadelphia

i think i found the part...

here

or here

or something like this

or maybe this

kitch - you should stock these...

needs to be 30k though.

Wheeling, WV

Even though B means that the Game Boy uses a linear part, I think that a log tapered would be better.

killadelphia

ok - I think I really found the part this time.  this one is 50k not 30k, but I don't think it should matter.  kitch - stock them?

link

obsolete part though hmm maybe there is a replacement?

Last edited by animalstyle (Oct 8, 2011 1:18 am)

Sweeeeeeden

It seems like it's got the right height, but a 16 mm diameter seems a bit much. (Don't have an opened boy around so I can't check, but it looks like it's smaller than that from the outside.)

Tacoma WA
hotmessization wrote:

Even though B means that the Game Boy uses a linear part, I think that a log tapered would be better.

i think a 16mm silder would be awesome personally

killadelphia

ah - i screwed up - the pot is actually a 103

...stupidly, i was looking at the dimmer pot

at any rate - so i think the vol pot is a 10k micro potentiometer (which makes a lot more sense)

actually took nitro's advice and took one off of a shit blob top GB and transplanted it back onto my good one - only time will tell how long this one will last - workin good so far though...

Last edited by animalstyle (Oct 8, 2011 4:57 am)

clovis CA

i just did this to my dmg-cpu3 board. underneathe the pot, the board is labled "VRI, 10k x2"
i believe that means that theres 10 through 2 channels, yes?

killadelphia
Alley Beach wrote:

i just did this to my dmg-cpu3 board. underneathe the pot, the board is labled "VRI, 10k x2"
i believe that means that theres 10 through 2 channels, yes?

probs just means its stereo  ; ]

STEREO SOUND!

Last edited by animalstyle (Oct 8, 2011 5:39 pm)

clovis CA

thats what i meant, but at 10k though =P