Tacoma, WA

If you haven't heard of the Occupy Wall St movement and it's subsequent protest around the country, specifically the one in Seattle, go to http://occupywallst.org/ and http://occupyseattle.org/ for info.  You can also look online and make your own decisions towards it.

I will go so far to say that I support it, but that's not what this thread is about.

I do think these guys are doing an awesome job standing up for what they believe in, and I know that after being out in the cold and rain, and getting their protection from the elements taken away from them, they will probably need some things to keep their spirits up.

I was thinking of sometime next week heading down there and do a little "busking"/putting on a free show for them.  Would anyone else be interested in this?

Nothing is confirmed, as a matter of fact I still need to talk to the organizers about it, but wanted to see if anyone else would be willing to join me.

Email me at jonnynero at gmail dot com if you are

Philly, PA, USA

I'd be careful about busking because it could draw unwanted attention to an otherwise allowed assembly. Lots of cities have laws about amplified music etc. without a permit, and if they're already iffy about the situation that would just be a reason to arrest you.

Also: if that's the case one person as part of the movement doing something that they can say isn't ok could be used as an excuse to start going after everyone present.

Last edited by pixls (Oct 7, 2011 2:56 am)

Tacoma, WA

I understand.  I'm just gauging interest now.  if I get enough I'm going to talk to the organizers and see what we can do, if anything.

matt's mind

there are already people playing music for other people there.  impromptu all the same, just with acoustic things.  i think it would be a nice change from the wobbly tunes.  you can always turn the volume down to an appropriate level wink

edit -- there is still the acoustic vs. amplified issue though...  but, just saying that noise pollution-via-music is already happening...