Milwaukee, WI

Paper tracking (via stagediver) into wordpad, BITCHES: http://twitpic.com/2huliu

WHOA! what on earth was stopping you from just, i dunno, opening up the tracker?

Sydney, NSW
HPizzle wrote:

leave myself voicemails humming song ideas.

You're an ideas man.

buffalo, NY

I come up with sound design ideas in my head all the time, but never on paper.

RG wrote:

Paper tracking (via stagediver) into wordpad, BITCHES: http://twitpic.com/2huliu

you should try graph paper notebooks

D D D Detroit, not the burbs
Chainsaw Police wrote:
HPizzle wrote:

leave myself voicemails humming song ideas.

You're an ideas man.

i tried using a tape recorder for a while, but when it came down to listening to all my brilliant song ideas i couldnt really tell exactly what i was doing.  Fill a tape with ideas and try to pick up where some thought process was going on is harder then it seems.  Alot more goes on in the brain then the voice lets you recreate at one time

México, DF.

Haha, never that way but I always have music paper because of the school, so I write stuff like melodies or bass, and then I harmonize it.
Drums are always written while on GB.

Sweden

Once I woke up from a dream with a melody in my head and scribbled something like "dun dudoo-din din din" down in a notebook, which made perfect sense to me at the time.

... Putting stuff down tracker-style, I think that it's an awful waste of paper. You don't need staff paper, just draw out the rhythm and write out the tones above, or maybe just do it MML-like or any tone+duration representation. Drawing out empty steps is silly.

Venezuela

agree with boomlinde...

btw... did you guys hear about MML???? XDDDD

i record my voice when i have a melody, i sing it into the mic and record that.

Ciudad de méxico, MX

i imagine what i want to do. write it on my memory and practice it a lot so i can remember it for later. it works decently sometimes.