Does anyone know any good chiptune VST plugins? I have a couple. (ymvst, magical8bit, quadrasid.) I'm really looking for something along the lines of a good bass vst or a good dance lead vst! Any suggestions?!

Los Angeles

you already mentioned 2 really great ones for leads. ymvst & quadrasid

of course there is also chipsounds

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

lsdj is a pretty good one also

I want to get an LSDJ cart, just don't know how to run trackers very well. =/ But I'll check out chipsounds, like Trash80 suggested.

The Bronx

Espertone Neochip

Pontonius pooBoy

and there's a long list at http://www.woolyss.free.fr/tracking.php#plugins

Seeing as most basic chip sounds are just simple waveforms, a sampler might be handy.

Oh, and you can get some sega genesis-ish sounds out of MDA's DX10 and VOPM is pretty good (though for me, VOPM is awfully quiet compared to other VSTs I have.)

Clinton Hill
trash80 wrote:

you already mentioned 2 really great ones for leads. ymvst & quadrasid

of course there is also chipsounds

Plogue "chipsounds" is super legit! Really good stuff.

A gray world of dread

plogue is the pro option. chip32 for something basic, easy and handy. I'll also pimp my own Medusa, although if you wait a bit, I'll release an upgraded version shortly.

arlen wrote:

Oh, and you can get some sega genesis-ish sounds out of MDA's DX10 and VOPM is pretty good (though for me, VOPM is awfully quiet compared to other VSTs I have.)

Hmm, I've never heard of DX10 but I'll surely give it a try since VOPM is always giving me preset issues. heck, I'll probably end up buying it if it works with my daw, properly.

That video on the chipsounds site is pretty rad!

Berkeley, CA
trash80 wrote:

chipsounds

Berkeley, CA

Also if you have a copy of Reason 4, and you're not a stickler for authentic lo-bit aliasing in your waveforms, THOR is a pretty awesome option.

Last edited by Disasterpeace (Jan 8, 2010 5:26 am)

Ostfreezeland, Germany

the Basic_64 is a good free Plug In. I like it.

Nashville, Tennessee

chipsounds and any sample-based plugin where you can choose or draw a sample are awesome. i like chip32, quadrasid and ymvst; if you go for ymvst though all your instruments will sound like unicorn kid.

uhajdafdfdfa

Oatmeal - not designed with chipmusic specifically in mind, but it has PWM, FM, osc sync, user hand-drawn waveforms, arps, etc, so it's got everything you need.

Melbourne, Australia

peach is just amazing, so is triforce