I ordered this cartridge specifically for LSDJ. I'm not attempting to use any other games on the cartridge.

http://www.nonelectronics.com/catalog/i … 61fc775020

Since the very first day I tried to use the cartridge, it has not worked properly.  The problem is that 99 percent of the time I try to use the cartridge, the Nintendo screen that pops up is glitched
it looks like this ' Nintend- ® ' thus I can't access the game.  I've mainly attempted using the cart in my gameboy color.  I've tried using the cartridge on my gameboy advance and advance SP as well and get the same problem.  All of the gameboys work perfectly fine with the other game cartridges I use (on the first attempt no less).

The only time it works is when I leave the cartridge in the gameboy for about 24 hours and try it once per day.  Anytime I try to use it more than that one time, it never works.  I've emailed the shop (link above) that sold it to me immediately after I received it but they never replied.  It has now been almost a year they still haven't replied and I'm stuck with a defective cartridge.  Any suggestions?

Sweeeeeeden

It seems like a classic case of "stuck on page 2". The cartridge has two "pages" you can put different games/programs on. The way you switch from page 1 to page 2 is by turning the power off and on again. However, to go from 2 to 1, you need to leave the cartridge unpowered for x amount of time. This should just be a few a seconds or maybe a minute, but on some cartridges it's much longer than that for unknown reasons. The usual suggested fix is to put the same ROM in the second page as well, which you can do with the included write program. Doing so should load LSDj fine whichever page the cartridge happens to load.

matt's mind

^ that outta do it wink

Thank you so much for your reply.  I bet that is what it is.  I had the LSDJ rom flashed to the cart before I received it but I have the lsdj.gb file on my computer.  How do you write it onto page 2?

matt's mind

there should have been a minidisc included in the packaging, this has all the software/drivers you'll need to write to/from the cartridge...

although, in the older style packaging this wasn't included...

there are direct download links on this page: http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/usb-64m-smart-card

rarely people email me telling me the links are broken.  whenever this happens they start working after an hour(s), so if they seem dead, just come back to them later...  not sure what the deal it with that...

matt's mind

(oh, and in the software there is a drop-down to change between menu 1 and 2.  this is how you access and write to menu 2)

thanks so much for the help, everyone!

So I gave it my best shot.  Downloaded the program from ngohq, enabled test mode, "sign a system file" for the two files that I needed to. rebooted the computer.
the next instructions were these: "Plug the GB USB smart card to PC, and install the driver as usual."
When I plugged the card in, the drivers seemed to be installed.  I even double checked to make sure.
So after this I thought I was golden, but then I opened the GB_USB.exe file and the usb symbol was nowhere to be found.  I was also reading through the smart card installation portion of the manual and it instructs for me to Click “Browse” and direct it to the location of “EM3Link.inf”  but I didn't have the EM3Link.inf file on my computer.

matt's mind

it may be renamed to something else, you're looking for the *.inf file for your operating system.  they may have just renamed it and forgotten to update the instructions...

also, try starting GB_USB.exe before plugging in the cart.  sometimes this helps.

Bratislava, Slovakia

You didn't received small CD with EMS USB cart package? I can send you contens, i installed everything wihout any problems on WinXP. GB_usb is also working fine, i put some roms on 2nd page, but gamesave is not working on some titles (you can find list of titles on 8bc forum). But i nevermind, most important is that LSDJ is working perfectly.

And yes, switching to second EMS USB card page is turn-off/on Gameboy quickly, within second. Back to first page takes some seconds after power off (max 10 sec).

Last edited by martin_demsky (Oct 25, 2011 2:43 pm)