So I am in the process of restoring the much coveted Sharp X68000.  I bought the machine without a power supply, keyboard, mouse, or really anything.  I have bought a keyboard and mouse, and have a new ATX power supply in the mail.  I want to make some chiptunes on it, but really prefer midi as my form of communication (I use my Atari's for all my sequencing needs).  Does anyone have or know where to get the CZ-6BM1 or CZ-6BM1A or related midi expansion boards for the X68000?

Tokyo, Japan

Your best bet is probably a japanese yahoo auctions proxybidding site

http://japamart.com/yahoo_japan_auction.htm

yeah i thought of trying these, but thought I would ask around first.

Tokyo, Japan

To be honest, I don't think there is much x68,000 hardware even outside Japan. I haven't seen any on sale in the retro stores in absolutely ages.

San Francisco

from what i understand even in japan the x68,000 is a hard thing to com by. kinda a highly collectable item.

Yeah it appears so.  I ended up finding one through laserbeats website, its a little more trusty than other websites I have been too.  It was a broken x68000, but it has the midi card in the back, so I have to try to win it now and pay excessive shipping.  It has everything, just needs a new power supply so I'll prolly just fix it too.