NJ

Cheese’N’Beer Present: OxygenStar's Birthday Bash!
Public Assembly (70 N 6th St Brooklyn NY)
21+ »> $6 »> 10:00PM

Come out and celebrate the Twenty-Eighth year in existance of one Carl Edward Peczynski, known in the 8-bit community as "OxygenStar". Gifts are not required, however - bring a smile and some hugs. Live music will begin at 10:00PM on Saturday February 6th, followed up by a dance party hosted by Cheese'N'Beer's very own DJ Prom Night. Festivities will continue until 4:00AM on Sunday February 7th and will include birthday cake and lots of dancing.

Glomag »> Glomag emerged from the NYC chip music scene around the dawn of the 21st century, writing music on Game Boys and performing local shows. His has two releases on 8bitpeoples, DaMaGe and Roland and The Lamprey. His work can also be heard with the 8 Bit Operators on Astralwerks Records as well as on various compilations. His earlier work includes Idioglossia (Mode Avant, 1990) and All Wave Super (Sire, 1994) with his band Glorified Magnified. He has performed on three continents in clubs, museums, galleries and festivals including sold out shows at the yearly Blip Festival in NYC. He once pulled a small pile of aluminum cones from a garbage dumpster and attempted to sell them to the Museum of Modern Art. Truth.

Bubblyfish »> A sound artist and a composer, Bubblyfish explores the territory of sounds in electronic music. Recently, she has been creating 8-bit and experimental sound works. Haeyoung has collaborated with many respected sound and visual artists such as Malcolm McLaren, the founder of the Sex Pistols, Hans Jochim Rodelius, and the Brussels based media art group, LAb[au]. Her work has been presented in art venues, clubs, festivals, and galleries internationally including The American Museum of the Moving Image, Pompidou Center, Kunsthalle Wien, MUTEK, LABoral, Lincoln Center Walter Reade Theater, and The New Museum.

OxygenStar »> OxygenStar creates music by all means necessary. His live sets can include drums, electronics, the original N.E.S., old 90's MS-DOS computers, guitars, keyboards, a gigantic muppet afro, all of the above, none of the above, you name it. A star of the insular chiptune community "chipmusic.org," his latest release "Thy Name is Adventure" is available on Cassette and digital download.

Kris Keyser »> Kris Keyser has been writing music as long as he can remember. Starting on the piano at a young age, he moved to saxophone, guitar, drums, bass, didgeridoo, and finally settled on the Game Boy as his weapon of choice. He began exploring chipmusic in late 2008, starting with Nanoloop but eventually moving on to the ubiquitous LSDJ platform. Since then, Kris has since been working hard to build and refine an arsenal of tracks that run the gamut from energetic and fun to spacey, foreboding, and massive. In 2009, Kris's music was featured in a machinima piece and an Xbox Live Indie game, and 2010 promises to be even bigger with the pending release of his new EP, tentatively titled Staring into Squares.

Goferboy »> Many times a boy has taken to a stage, and many times a boy has danced. But only once has a boy delivered the furry and explosiveness to a stage that goferboy has. Also known as Henry Andrew Baum, goferboy began his existence as a twinkle in his father's eye that turned into a flame that could be extinguished. After a vigorous and near fatal birth, his parents found that the only way they could tame the cherubic demon was through the soothing sounds from a piano. After tickling the ivory for most his childhood, goferboy transformed his tickling into a fondling of buttons. Being inspired by fertility and haunted by the ghosts of celibacy, he desires to thrust his sexuality by creating music that is hard yet innocent and guilty alike. His sound, using gameboys as his weapons, vary from melodic frolics, to gloomy bass, and disco pulsations. The results impregnates the audiences ears, as his provocative, neon hip fluxuations, fertilizes their hearts.

DJ Prom Night »> DJ Prom Night gets fancy when she's not playing Casios with The Shortsleeves. http://drummachinedatingservice.info

Last edited by facundo (Feb 2, 2010 12:29 pm)

Brooklyn, NY

I guess I'll go.

Planet Zaxxon
mushpot wrote:

I guess I'll go.

yea. I may go to this.

astral cat

this is badass. fuck. i hate the UK

I am going snowboarding earlier in the day, but I should be back in time to attend this!

Boulder, CO

If I still exist I will go to this.

East Kilbride, Scotland
an-cat-max wrote:

Definitely. When this gig is on I'm going to sit and listen to my Thy Name Is Adventure tape and act out the show with a series of cardboard cutouts.
Good luck guys.

BK

This is coming up SO SOON. I can't wait!

brooklyn, NY
Sycamore Drive wrote:
an-cat-max wrote:

Definitely. When this gig is on I'm going to sit and listen to my Thy Name Is Adventure tape and act out the show with a series of cardboard cutouts.
Good luck guys.

totes Rupert Pupkin style, amirite?

Planet Zaxxon
Sycamore Drive wrote:

Good luck guys.

hahaha !!! nice !! smile

OxygenStar wrote:
Sycamore Drive wrote:

Good luck guys.

hahaha !!! nice !! smile

That's a reverse Derris-Kharlan.

New York, New York

I'm getting excited for Saturday. This is going to be nice.

Bronx, NY

Reverse Derris-Kharlan for the win.

Planet Zaxxon

HEY THIS IS TOMORROW !!!!  smile

i love you. dont h8 if i cant go. --Leah

Philly, PA, USA

8static is cancelled, and now the busses are stupid so i can't eve go to this. fffffffuuuuuuuuu snow.