Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Meh...
I wouldn't think i deserve any form of award. many others who deserve it more.
Guess i didn't feel that a compilation cd was above all releases in 2009.

I'd say "J Arthur Keenes Band - Pamplemousse" should have won, for simply originality and song composition.
He's pushing chip/8bit into a much needed new direction.

I'll eat my own words though.. having a comp cd win best release is the closest to having "everyone" win as possible.
Although i dont feel my track should have added to it's winning. my set was pure shit. But what ev's.

Pause, hands down, probably has the best Label with releases happening right now in my opinion as well. Not to talk down 8bp's. Love the tunes,
i just think Pause would be more likely to turn down a record submission from a returning artists if they didn't like it. And  the releases
i've heard in the last 13 months from Pause have been top notch!

Glad the show/award ceremony went well!

Unsubscribe

<long sigh>

I felt that JAK would be back again and again in that category, plus he won the best track, which was almost overwhelming decision of the nominations.

Believe me, the choices weren't taken lightly, and took a lot of soul searching, but I stand by my decisions, and don't mind if anyone disagrees.

Pause was really good, and it was hard to overlook their 13(!) releases. I hope people realize that everyone is a winner in my book, but I am not going hand out awards in a way just to be fair. Subjectivity is hardly ever fair.

Lets get back out there and kick some ass in 2010!

Los Angeles

Perhaps there could be a "Chip'd Crusader(s)" award next year? For people who promote chip music outside of the scene, introducing more people to chip music from the remainder of uninformed population. 2pp would be a good example. smile

The Bronx
8bitweapon wrote:

"Chip'd Crusader(s)"

I think it would be best to leave religion out of this.

Los Angeles
minusbaby wrote:
8bitweapon wrote:

"Chip'd Crusader(s)"

I think it would be best to leave religion out of this.

Haha, I was thinking more like Batman and Robin as  "Caped Crusaders"...I forgot about the root of the word! lol smile

Last edited by 8bitweapon (Feb 1, 2010 7:07 pm)

The Bronx

Terrorist.

Unsubscribe

http://truechiptilldeath.com/2009/01/de … oductions/

Los Angeles

"Defenders are the special few people who work tirelessly to help nurture the scene for others, with no personal gain or hidden agenda, simply for the love of the community. "

I thought no personal gain meant not selling a product. I have nothing against merchandising (obviously) but selling DVD's for money seems like personal gain. Know what i mean?

Dont get me wrong, they did a gr8 job and they obviously deserve the award. smile

Last edited by 8bitweapon (Feb 1, 2010 7:13 pm)

Unsubscribe

Yea im sure those fatcats are sleeping at night on piles of money and fucking beautiful women.

You guys are starting to harsh mah mellow man.

The Bronx

Yeah, what the Hell. Lighten up, guys. It's fun.

/me humps Peter Swimm's leg real nice

The Bronx

(That was me feeding imaginary fire to the imaginary 8bitpeoples/True Chip Till Death Conspiracy Theory™)

Unsubscribe

Checks in the mail, rich.

Brooklyn NY US

8bitpeoples = The Man

New York City
herr_prof wrote:

Pause was really good, and it was hard to overlook their 13(!) releases. I hope people realize that everyone is a winner in my book

I am a witness that at a moment, the word around here was "Pause is gonna win this year again". I'd say all nominees are winners too.

8bitweapon wrote:

For people who promote chip music outside of the scene, introducing more people to chip music from the remainder of uninformed population. 2pp would be a good example. smile

Yeah, we should award Timbaland! tongue
(also, I rather have more awards handed outside of North America big_smile)

Last edited by akira^8GB (Feb 1, 2010 7:32 pm)

Brooklyn NY US

2 Player Productions funded their documentary themselves, and I can't even guess how many unpaid man-hours went into producing the Blip live DVDs. I don't know any of their actual numbers, but my strong suspicion is that even if they sold the full run of both years' DVDs they would still fall short of the expenses and labor that have gone into the chipmusic-related projects they've undertaken. Recouping costs =/= profiteering. Please consider that there is a big difference.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
minusbaby wrote:

Yeah, what the Hell. Lighten up, guys. It's fun.

While we're having fun.. Finish my t-shirt design already. :-P