Dallas/Fort Worth, TX

Today marks the release of my new album Prime!

I'm hosting a name-your-price (free if you like!) download on Bandcamp and also selling 100 limited edition CD copies. The CD copies come with a new vinyl sticker and are hand-numbered.

Take a listen and let me know what you think! This was a fun one.

Download and/or buy the limited edition CD here.

About Prime:

Prime began as a concept that would challenge me to write more songs in odd time signatures. The idea to write a series of songs in prime number time signatures ultimately became Prime parts I through IV. Part I in 3/4 time, Part II in 5/4 time, Part III in 7/4 time, and Part IV in 11/4 time with a medley to bring it all together for the finish.

Of course, it couldn't stop there... Orange patterns on the cover artwork (designed by Party Time! Hexcellent!) appear only on the prime repetitions, and tempos within the montage have only prime beats per minute.

This was an ambitious project and I'm really happy with the end result! As an added incentive, I have recorded and remastered some tunes that were previously exclusive to various compilations I contributed to and released them together for the first time. This includes Rebound, Sixty Second Shakes, Niner and Frostbitten Dub. Closing out the record is another brand new song titled Fist.bmp that ends it all on a fun note.

Mixed and mastered by Michael DuFault. Artwork by Party Time! Hexcellent! and Michael DuFault.

Prime, by MicroD on Bandcamp.

Also, please get in touch if you or anyone you know would be interested in writing a review!

Wherever

Sounds really great, well done! I love the concept too.

matt's mind

yeah, this is good, i like the concept and results very much wink

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX

Thank you both! Spent a lot of time in the post office yesterday and thought, "This must be how kitsch-bent feels..."

I'm really proud of how the CDs came out. Looking forward to people getting their mail!

Wheeling, WV

I really enjoy this, and I hate chipmusic.

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

wish people online could hear this live with real drums

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
hotmessization wrote:

I really enjoy this, and I hate chipmusic.

Ha! Thanks sir. tongue

Reteris wrote:

wish people online could hear this live with real drums

I'm considering making an album of my favorites from Prime and the EP with live drums but I'm not sure when it will come together. We shall see.

Last edited by MicroD (Nov 14, 2011 4:05 pm)

matt's mind
MicroD wrote:

"This must be how kitsch-bent feels..."

stamps.com wink  best thing i've done for kb yet...

Moscow, Russia

I like this. "Niner" is one of the coolest track smile

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
kitsch wrote:
MicroD wrote:

"This must be how kitsch-bent feels..."

stamps.com wink  best thing i've done for kb yet...

Yeah, I've been getting some mileage out of the automated postal centers for the domestic stuff but I've had to make a few trips for international orders. Germany and Japan so far!

DEDan wrote:

I like this. "Niner" is one of the coolest track smile

Thank you! Prime Part III and Fist.bmp are my current favorites but that is probably just because they are the newer tracks of the bunch. tongue

Side note: The CDs come with a sticker each, but if anyone would like some stickers separately just let me know!

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX

Update: Added a new photo of the CDs to the Bandcamp page to show the hand-numbering. Only 100 copies were made. Get them before they're gone!

Austin, TX

I bought the CD just a little bit ago and wanted to say thanks! The packaging is really nice. smile

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
roastbeef wrote:

I bought the CD just a little bit ago and wanted to say thanks! The packaging is really nice. smile

Hey thanks! I see you're one of the people from Austin that ordered. smile Do you perform live?

Austin, TX

Not yet, but it's a certainty for the future. We've briefly talked with Rachel about doing some collaboration with visuals since we're aiming to put out an audio-visual album shortly, so that could happen!

Dublin, IN

You're my new favorite! This is so cool to hear these time signatures being used so well, in any genre... and you put it into Chiptune! You made my day. I hope to be back to buy. big_smile

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
roastbeef wrote:

Not yet, but it's a certainty for the future. We've briefly talked with Rachel about doing some collaboration with visuals since we're aiming to put out an audio-visual album shortly, so that could happen!

Let me know! TXCHIP4EVER.

Crooked Sidewalks wrote:

You're my new favorite! This is so cool to hear these time signatures being used so well, in any genre... and you put it into Chiptune! You made my day. I hope to be back to buy. big_smile

Thanks! 7/4 time is probably my favorite but 5/4 (Part II) was a lot of fun to write. Two tracks from my previous EP were also in 7/4. tongue