Tokyo, Japan

Fed up of emulating and want to get LSDJ running on a proper cart. Can anyone suggest places to get them? I preferably need somewhere that will ship to Japan.

thanks in advance

))<>((

http://kitsch.bigcartel.com/ or http://www.nonelectronics.com/

Melbourne, Australia

Kitsch and nonfinite are the best, but seem to be sold out at the moment sad

Edit: Kitsch has 64M carts back in stock, get in quick!

Last edited by TmTgr (Jan 30, 2010 11:46 am)

Tokyo, Japan

cheers guys!

The P-N-Dubz

Sorry to bump a super old thread but does anyone know if any stores sell carts in Tokyo? I'm here for about a week and I'm looking to pick one up. Thanks! (first post!)

Sweeeeeeden

Doubtful. It's really a niche market, and I doubt any physical stores, anywhere, sell oldschool GB carts. Your best bet is probably strolling around Akihabara. You'll probably find a lot of other awesome stuff to buy long before you find any GB carts, though.

hardcore, Australia

I found plenty of gameboy games in japan. i forget where i was though.

The P-N-Dubz

I went to Super Potato last night (big used games store in Akihabara) and they didn't seem to have any EMS carts, LSDJ, etc. Should I be finding some sketchy stores that will sell that stuff?

Melbourne, Australia

Having been to Tokyo (and subsequently Aki) a few times and knowing that Tokyo residents order their carts/chip stuff online I'd say you're shit out of luck.

I've spend days wandering Aki and I'd say there is almost no chance you'll find what you're looking for. As nitro2k01 says it's just such a niche market that it wouldn't be profitable to sell these in stores.

tl;dr : You won't find one. Get one online smile

Matthew Joseph Payne
nitro2k01 wrote:

Doubtful. It's really a niche market, and I doubt any physical stores, anywhere, sell oldschool GB carts.

New York City
celsius wrote:

Having been to Tokyo (and subsequently Aki) a few times and knowing that Tokyo residents order their carts/chip stuff online I'd say you're shit out of luck.

I've spend days wandering Aki and I'd say there is almost no chance you'll find what you're looking for. As nitro2k01 says it's just such a niche market that it wouldn't be profitable to sell these in stores.

tl;dr : You won't find one. Get one online smile

But they USED to have them there. Perhaps not in the Akihabara branch, try others! If I am not mistaken there's another Super Potato in Tokyo, the rest are nationwide, Osaka being the biggest one if I am not wrong.
Otherwise, contact some of the local chip crew. Last I know Kohta in Kyoto had some carts.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jan 30, 2011 2:40 pm)

Super Potato won't have them. I was the victim of horrible nerd rage when, after explaining I wanted to try out my LSDJ cart on their $15 DMG before buying it and then seeing that it didn't work properly (it was a CPU-01 or 02 chip) and commenting that it might be that particular model of Gameboy (which turned out to be true), the worker flew into a tirade about how the software was NOT OFFICIALLY LICENSED BY NINTENDO and HOW DARE I BRING THAT INTO THEIR STORE and what was I thinking RISKING ONE OF THEIR HARDWARE UNITS WITH SOFTWARE THAT COULD BREAK IT.

Last edited by concealed (Jan 30, 2011 9:48 pm)

Brooklyn NY US

I've seen the Nintendo Power branded flash cartridges at the Akihabara Super Potato before (though not the last time I was there, in September). So it's not out of the question.

Interestingly (though besides the point) they also had Super Famicom cartridges with the same design scheme (white case, cartridge label with an array of blank spaces). Don't know the story behind the cartridges but I assume they're writeable too.

edit: these:

Chicago IL

WHITE POWER