Minneapolis

I am posting this here because this will almost certainly be of interest to some of you:

The Midwest Gaming Classic is a huge retro-gaming conference which will run for two whole days in Milwaukee. I have been there in the past, and it's a really fun time. There are loads of freeplay arcade and pinball machines, a home videogame museum where you can play all the videogame consoles you know and love, and other ones you've never seen before and may never see again. There are lots of vendors selling everything retro-videogamey you can imagine, as well as people giving hardware hacking demonstrations and lots of other stuff too. I'm planning on going, and it would be cool if any of you were interested too.

The event will be held on Saturday, March 27, 2010 from 10:00am to 8:00pm and Sunday, March 28, 2010 from 10:00am to 5:00pm.
The 2010 Midwest Gaming Classic will be held at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel in Brookfield, WI.
Staying at the hotel is $89 a night (with 3 or 4 people to a room is probably comfortable if you're willing to share a bed/sleep on the floor) and a pass for both days is $25. You can get registered and reserve your hotel room online, as well as find tons of other information here: http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/

I hope to see some of you there!

Last edited by arfink (Jan 30, 2010 5:14 pm)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
arfink wrote:

I hope to see some of you there!

Do i smell a group road trip? smile

Minneapolis

Perhaps! Some of my seminary buddies are going to come, so of my friends it'd be me and probably 3 other guys, but there's no reason we couldn't do more.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
arfink wrote:

Perhaps! Some of my seminary buddies are going to come, so of my friends it'd be me and probably 3 other guys, but there's no reason we couldn't do more.

Caravan style! woot!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

I'm not going to CAX this year so this would be a nice alternative.
I'll have to see if i can fit it into the budget .

Minneapolis

It's a heck of a lot cheaper than KansasFest!

EDIT: and you don't have to stay on site, you can hang out at a cheaper hotel and just show up for the conference.

EDIT2: or in my case, split a room with some other guys so it's cheaper. smile

EDIT3: bring arcade machines to the show = get extra goodies and pass to an afterparty. (HINT)

Last edited by arfink (Jan 30, 2010 5:23 pm)