Chicago, IL

hey guys! I'm new here and I need a lot of help
Im running on a gameboy color and I have been having a bunch of problems.

When I'm running LSDJ for a short time, it starts to freeze. I have noo idea why this is.

Another problem I'm having is sometimes when I am making pulse instruments, the sweep parameter doesn't effect the sound at all.

Idk if these are just rookie mistakes or if its a gameboy color problem, or what.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

San Angelo, TX

Your more than likely using a stolen copy of LSDJ!

Chicago, IL

Nope I've got the receipt and the email and junk. But I did have Kitsch Bent flash it on my cartridge for me! Should I maybe re-flash the rom on my laptop onto the cartridge?

BK

The sweep command only works on the pulse 1 channel. Maybe you're using it in PU2?

matt's mind
squidula wrote:

Nope I've got the receipt and the email and junk. But I did have Kitsch Bent flash it on my cartridge for me! Should I maybe re-flash the rom on my laptop onto the cartridge?

no, if i flashed it for you, it'll be the latest stable version.  its what you need.

It could be the gameboy. My GBC wouldn't do sweeps, nor would it finish V commands or P commands.

Chicago, IL

psh thats probably it Kris
and okay cool thanks again kitsch!

but it still doesnt explain why the program is freezing. any suggestions?

the gameboy

Chicago, IL

what are your guys suggestions on dmg's or gameboy advances?

DMG's sound really good, they're reliable and have a nice full sound. Never had a problem with mine. And their internals are very well documented and quite a few people here know quite a bit about them, so most problems can be easily diagnosed/fixed. DMG's are the way to go.

Personally, I do not care so much for the GBAs. LSDJ on the GBA is awkward because of the placement of the start and select buttons. And generally, GBAs are more expensive than the DMGs you'd find. SPs however aren't so bad. I've written a few tracks on those.

I think most nanoloop users use SPs, right?

Overall, I prefer DMGs. Been using my two DMGs for a year now and had not a problem I couldn't fix by myself. And it was all user error...

Sydney, NSW

god damnit, every gameboy is just a gameboy.

Last edited by Chainsaw Police (Dec 6, 2011 2:36 am)

That have different builds and support and sounds and button placement and prices and availability of mods...

Matthew Joseph Payne

The differences in sound and capabilities between the DMG and GBC are well documented, and in fact there are artists (like Wizwars) whose sound is partially dependent on the model they use. It's also pretty well known that the GBA and newer generate their sound in emulation, not purely from the CPU.

SP 4 lyf

yo, micro 4 lyf

BK

Have you tried cleaning the pins on the cart and the cart slot?