California

hmm. well still interested in getting both nomad and first gen. thanks for the info. and im sure my universal power adapter will work fine for it.

California

another question: will there be any functional differences between the 5 pin and usb version? also how far off would the 5 pin be from production?

São Paulo, Brazil

Just ordered mine!

São Paulo, Brazil
akira^8GB wrote:

Believe me I was of the thought that all these were exaggerations because they usually referred to the amplification circuit, but I hear many more problems than just that.

here's a sound sample from wikipedia comparing the two models (first model 2, then model 1) playing streets of rage: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e … rision.ogg

Rhode Island

Crazy how big the difference between the two models is!

shanghai

why does a part of me prefer the bad one haha ......i think i ll pick up a model 2 as well, its kinda just begging to be recorded on my shit 4 track over an old cliff richard album.

New York City
PULSELOOPER wrote:
akira^8GB wrote:

Believe me I was of the thought that all these were exaggerations because they usually referred to the amplification circuit, but I hear many more problems than just that.

here's a sound sample from wikipedia comparing the two models (first model 2, then model 1) playing streets of rage: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e … rision.ogg

You mean Genesis 2 vs Genesis 1?
Which model of Genesis 1? I don't have a VA7 motherboard anymore but if I had I'd do a cmparison with my VA2.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Apr 13, 2012 5:42 pm)

São Paulo, Brazil
akira^8GB wrote:

You mean Genesis 2 vs Genesis 1?
Which model of Genesis 1? I don't have a VA7 motherboard anymore but if I had I'd do a cmparison with my VA2.

Yeah, Genesis 2 vs. 1. I really don't know what MB model the Genesis 1 has, that's all I could find. I'd really like to hear the sound of the VA7.

BTW, how can you find out which model is your Sega?

New York City
PULSELOOPER wrote:

The ones that say HIGH DEFINITION GRAPHICS etc on the circle, usually have VA1,2,3, the good ones with discrete YMs.
Otherwise you have to open the thing and read the revision text.

São Paulo, Brazil
akira^8GB wrote:
PULSELOOPER wrote:

The ones that say HIGH DEFINITION GRAPHICS etc on the circle, usually have VA1,2,3, the good ones with discrete YMs.
Otherwise you have to open the thing and read the revision text.

Nice, a friend has some consoles on his dumpster, I mean, room. He'll look for one of those for me. wink

ad-hell-aide

Personally, I really like the inherent noise of the Nomad.

ad-hell-aide

Pre-orders for the GenMDM SEGA USB MIDI Interfaces will close this Wednesday at midnight (ACST). Now is your chance to grab one while you still can.

shanghai

any thoughts on the megadrive 3. looks odd i'd never seen that before. seems to be the easiest to find online in china. lots of md2's but alas no md1's with that high def sticker though. also one other thing.....will the cart for the midi interface get on alright with a japanese megadrive ?

Tokyo, Japan

I have a japanese md. Cart works fine!

Downstate wrote:

any thoughts on the megadrive 3. looks odd i'd never seen that before. seems to be the easiest to find online in china. lots of md2's but alas no md1's with that high def sticker though. also one other thing.....will the cart for the midi interface get on alright with a japanese megadrive ?

The MD3 should be avoided at all costs. Tiny, awful sound. Awful. I own one. Trust me, it's awful. Cart on JP MD is fine. No difference in cart design.

New York City
Lazerbeat wrote:

I have a japanese md. Cart works fine!

I still wonder about PAL machines.