Tokyo, Japan

Yeah, to make a sound on genMDM you probably need to send about 45ish midi CC commands but I would guess only 2 or 3 at most are going to need live tweaking?

ad-hell-aide

I'm sorry it's so many sad

Lot's of work.

Both worth it IMO, just for control and tweakability.

Gosford, Australia

i'll have a go at making a VST interface in synthedit once my friend gets one of these and we can actually test it!

ad-hell-aide

That would be fantastic!

kansas city
little-scale wrote:

Lot's of work.

that's why this is all so exciting! so tired of emulating everything...

Tokyo, Japan
little-scale wrote:

Lot's of work.

Sorry! I didn't mean this is a flaw in GenMDM, far from it, parameters are power as Abrasive say's. It is just indicative of FM. I was trying to point out the differences between the number of things you need to adjust to make a patch and the number of things you are likely to tweak live, for genMDM or any other fm synth,

Rhode Island
Victory Road wrote:

i'll have a go at making a VST interface in synthedit once my friend gets one of these and we can actually test it!

YES. This and so much this

Tokyo, Japan

Also, got the editors up and running in max/live in under 5 minutes!

Matthew Joseph Payne
Victory Road wrote:

I will be all over that shit. heart

ad-hell-aide

I made this today:

http://little-scale.blogspot.com.au/201 … evice.html

Description
This Max for Live MIDI effect device controls the global parameters of the GenMDM SEGA FM chip. Only one instance of the device is needed per GenMDM unit.

This MIDI effect devices allows for the control and automation of the following parameters:
• Bend amount in semitones
• Octave division (default is 12, of course)
• Transpose
• NTSC or PAL tuning mode
• LFO enabled
• LFO speed

All of these parameters can normally be controlled via MIDI CC data, however the GenMDM Global strip makes the process more user-friendly as well as integrated into Live's automation and mapping environment.

Download here: http://little-scale.com/downloads/genmd … _strip.zip

Basic Usage:
1) Connect the GenMDM as per usual
2) Create a new audio track in Live. Route the SEGA Mega Drive / Genesis audio output to the track
3) Create a new MIDI track in Live. Route the output of the MIDI track to any GenMDM channel 1 - 6.
4) Add a copy of GenMDM Global Strip to the blank MIDI track.
5) Sequence note and velocity data as per normal.
6) Change the parameters of the GenMDM Global Strip - you will hear the corresponding changes in sound.

United Kingdom

Little-Scale please get some more in stock been dying for one of these shame I didn't have money at the right time.

Love the amount of work that's gone into this! smile

São Paulo, Brazil

Shit, I'll have to find a way to grab max4live.

Tokyo, Japan

Just a quick heads up. If anyone had trouble getting live to connect to genMDM :

= Quit live
= turn of genMDM, disconnect USB cable
= turn on genesis, hear "chime"
= connect usb, hear arp
= start live

Then live should recognise genMDM with no problems.

Dublin, Ireland

I'm having some problems with the FM strip.

None of the OP panels show any dials, and clicking on the tabs more than a couple of times immediately crashes Live. hmm

Tokyo, Japan

Live and max versions?

Paris, France

You can still send Midi Signals into the MD without using Max4Live? I don't have any of them (Live or Max)