California
DUNGEONMASTER wrote:
PULSELOOPER wrote:

awesome!

well, I don't have 167 bucks to spend on max4live, so I'll just route my nanokontrol knobs to the genMDM midi CC numbers and get used to them. I'm glad to know each clip will have it's own "patch", I was afraid these parameters would stay "locked" to each FM channel.

Shit, the interfaces haven't even been shipped yet and people here are already talking about how they'll use it. HOW HYPE IS THAT?

i've been waiting years

same. its been many years of drooling over it.

Sydney AUS

A compo would be a great idea. I'll contribute for sure. Here's the last track I made with the interface:
http://weeklybeats.com/#/abortifacient/music/proxy
I personally think the PSG channels sound naff, compared to the FM channels.

ad-hell-aide

naff how? anything you would like me to fix?

ad-hell-aide
Rei Yano wrote:

how about.... idk. make a quick track or loop in 15 min tongue just so we could see your process? I am still learning ableton so maybe I could learn a trick or two.

Sure - sort of like a workflow example? Hmm nice idea...

ad-hell-aide

love that track btw sean!

ad-hell-aide

ad-hell-aide

i hate my voice neutral

Tokyo, Japan

I love your voice an everything else about you! Will check this tonight

Sydney, NSW

So, I've got some money and two MDs lying in my drawers, gathering dust. The thought of having essentially twenty channels of FM makes me cry tears of joy.

MY FM SYNTHESIS BONER KNOWS NO BOUNDS

California

Yes. workflow. do eeeet.

São Paulo, Brazil

Your voice is SUAVE, man. smile

I was wondering... is there a way to re-route the genmdm midi channels? For example, using 5-15 midi channels for FM/PSG instead of 1-10?

San Francisco
Chainsaw Police wrote:

MY FM SYNTHESIS BONER KNOWS NO BOUNDS

THIS.... BUT ABOUT ME INSTEAD.

ad-hell-aide
PULSELOOPER wrote:

I was wondering... is there a way to re-route the genmdm midi channels? For example, using 5-15 midi channels for FM/PSG instead of 1-10?

Can you describe to me in which situation this might be useful (considering it is a USB connection)?

São Paulo, Brazil
little-scale wrote:
PULSELOOPER wrote:

Can you describe to me in which situation this might be useful (considering it is a USB connection)?

For example, using genMDM and mGB to compose a track. mGB uses midi channel 1-4.

ad-hell-aide

It's a USB connection - mGB would have its own USB connection that is completely separate from GenMDM.

With GenMDM you would choose the GenMDM USB MIDI device as an output device. Channel 1- 10 are used.

At the same time, you can also connect mGB to a USB <----> MIDI interface, and use MIDI channels 1 - 4.

São Paulo, Brazil
little-scale wrote:

It's a USB connection - mGB would have its own USB connection that is completely separate from GenMDM.

With GenMDM you would choose the GenMDM USB MIDI device as an output device. Channel 1- 10 are used.

At the same time, you can also connect mGB to a USB <----> MIDI interface, and use MIDI channels 1 - 4.

That was completelly idiot question and the answer was obvious. Thank you for your patience!